Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks v Evansville (at Evansville)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks v Evansville (at Evansville)

The Shocks play a DH at Evansville on Friday to make up the games lost last weekend. The weekend was already tough enough with the regularly scheduled games at Southern Illinois who are ranked #23 in the NFCA poll and are Receiving Votes (#32) in the USA Softball poll.

Challenging indeed!

Comment

A couple of wins against Evansville should get us back on track. This is a team that we should beat.

Comment

We are off to a good start. Kara's homer follows Kiersten's single in the bottom of the first.

2-0 after one complete.

Comment

One pitch at a time. Not you FM, the ladies. LOL

Comment

Kiersten has a solo blast in the bottom of the third. It was preceded by a bunt single by Kersti, but she was put out by the 2B unassisted (?). My best guess is she committed to second base after the play at first base and was tagged by the 2B before she could get back to first.

At any rate, 3-0 after three complete.

Kasha has allowed an infield single for the only baserunner for Evansville and has three strikeouts.

Comment

In the fourth, a Tiffany single, a Bobo single and error which sends pinch runner Caley to third and a Bobo steal sets the table for Jamie who is pinch hitting for Lauren. She delivers with a double which drives in both runners.

And then Lauren reenters at third. The Lauren-Jamie thing at 3B is not one I understand, since I do not think there is much separating them. I suppose the question is do you split the time in some fashion, or do you give it to one of them and hope they get in a groove. Or maybe there is a lot separating them, and I just don't see it. :)

5-0 after four.

Comment

A walk and a single (and another(!) outfield error - ugh!!) create a two-out threat for Evansville in the fifth, but Kasha gets a fly out to close the inning. Three hits, one walk and six strike outs through five innings.

Even in her good outings, she has tended to stumble home a bit in recent games. It will be interesting to see what the sixth and seventh hold.

A Lindsie walk, a Kersti sac and a Kara double plate another run against a new Evansville pitcher.

6-0 after five complete.

Comment

Kara Whipper L'Huiller is putting together a pretty solid seaso offensively.

Comment

Shocks with a solid 6-1 win in Game 1 behind KK and a decent offensive attack.

Jamie Hull starts Game 2 and promplty surrenders 3 hits and 2 runs in the Top of the 1st.

Not sure why Pooch continues to run Jamie out in starting roles, but surely he as seen enough at this point that she simply is not ready for that role.

Fortunately, it's early and the Shocks have plenty of opporunity to come back in this game.

:goshocks:

Comment

Shocks fall behind by 4-1 before tying it up in the bottom of the 5th with a 2-run homer by Kara and a solo shot by Jamie Hull.

Brianna has been pretty solid in relief of Jamie. She got the 1st two outs in the 6th and then was releived by KK.

Kasha gave up a walk and then a single and the they intentionally walked the next batter to load the bases. Fortunately, KK induced a pop up to end the inning.

Now tied at 4-4 in the bottom of the 6th.

Comment

A bases empty 2-out double by Kara gave the Shocks a shot to win in the bottom of the 7th.

Pooch put Tiffany Dahlquist (0.283) in to pinch hit for Heather (0.413).

Tiffany struck out to end the inning. I still trying to figure out Pooch's thought process but I'm just not getting it. Perhaps he is just playing hunches.

Anyway on to extra innings. A pretty common occurence this year.

Comment

Evansville takes the lead with a run in the top of the 9th, but the Shocks come back to tie it uip at 5-5 in the bottom of the 9th on a 2-our RBI single by Kierston Dixon.

Game now moving into the 12th.

Shocks hanging tough.

Comment

Evansville picks up a run in the Top of the 12th to take a 6-5 lead.

Kara walks with 2-outs in the bottom of the inning (probably was being pitched to very carefully). Heather followed with a single to move Kara to second. Kara then scored on an error by the 2B allowing Jamie to reach safely. Breanna Brown then won the game with a walk off RBI single.

Good win for the Shocks to keep Evansville winless in the MVC.

KK picks up her second win of the day.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

Shocks probably really did not need that 12 inning marathon with a DH starting at noon tomorrow in Carbondale.

I assume they will get to shower up, grap some dinner and hop on a bus for a pretty long drive before taking on the 21-6 Salukis this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X