Lady Shox vs Indiana St. game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shox vs Indiana St. game 3

Ok. Not sure what but we need help. I think we need more than pitching. Did we legitamately give up that many hits?

Re: Lady Shox vs Indiana St. game 3

Originally posted by shoxsoftball
    Ok. Not sure what but we need help. I think we need more than pitching. Did we legitamately give up that many hits?
    Not sure I follow your thinking. Shocks were up 7-2 after 5. Gave up 5 in the 6th and 3 in the 7th to lose 10-7.

7 runs in fast pitch softball is more than adequate offense. Shocks made only 1 error so the defense wasn't horrible on the face of it. The Shockers biggest issues this year are pitching, pitching and pitching in that order.

Comment

Perhaps ss is referencing help from non positional personell?

Comment

What I mean is are they ripping the ball or the just bloopers. I know our pitching is struggling but is there nothing that can be done?

Comment

We just confirmed what everyone already knew. Our pitching staff is an army of one.

Comment

Kasha started the 6th.

Popup to SS for 1 out.
            Signgle to left.
            Infield Single - Runners on 1st & 2nd.
            Strike out for out #2.
            Single to center. RBI. Runners still on 1st and 2nd.

Shocks lead 7-3 with 2 outs. Brianna in to pitch relieving Kasha.

Single to center. RBI. Runners move up to 2nd and 3rd on throw to the plate.
            Batter HBP to load the bases.
            Single to center. 2 RBI. Runners at 1st and 3rd.
            Wild Pitch. Tying run scores. Runner at 2nd.
            Infield single. Runners at 1st and 3rd.

Kasha back in to relieve herself and Brianna.

Line Drive to SS for 3rd out.

Kasha pitched the 7th with INS now clearly having he momentum.

Error by SS. Shocks playing a Freshman at SS this year. Quite a few key errors.
            SAC Bunt. 1 Out. Runner on 2nd.
            2-Run Homer. Simpson's 2nd of the game. Shocks trail 9-7.
            Triple to RF.
            Sac Fly to Center (Out #2)
            Pop to 2B. Out #3.

2nd guessing is easy, but Pooch's pitching changes haven't been working out real well this year. (See QuickPitch's post above).

Comment

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
              We just confirmed what everyone already knew. Our pitching staff is an army of one.
              I understand what you are saying, but I guess I think of it as an army of two - it is just that on any particular day, you don't know if one (or both) of the army might be AWOL.

Kasha has been more consistent, but there are days when she gets beat up. Breezy has been effective at times, but not often enough. Jamie needs to chew up innings in the mid-week games when you are playing the UMKCs of the world or on conference weekends when the other two are ineffective in a particular game.

All IMO.

Comment

For what it is worth, I thought Kasha had good stuff today and the umpire was giving her the high strike. When Kasha gets hit hard is when the umpires make her bring the ball down in the zone or when teams lay off of her rise ball.

Comment

Working...
                X