No announcement yet.

coach adams going after the locals.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coach adams going after the locals.....

...first, the offer to the heights girl...second, watching BC 2 times this season.then she was watching the woods girl at collegiate tonight, according to channel10.good for her!

Who's the Heights girl?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster
      Who's the Heights girl?
      Better question probably is WHICH Heights girl. I haven't seen them play this year but there seems to be more than one most years...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by shockmonster
        Who's the Heights girl?
        Better question probably is WHICH Heights girl. I haven't seen them play this year but there seems to be more than one most years...
        Could we just recruit the whole Heights team...

Honestly, if she's able to get a few local girls that would help boost attendance...not to mention if they are actually good.

Comment

Im not sure, but it seems like the attendance was a little better when we had Angela Buckner
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Having locals will never hurt attendance. And there are a number of quality players in the area. Start landing a couple and more will consider staying here and playing. We still need to find the best talent we can, but we can't ignore what's in our own backyard.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Heights girls team is nationally ranked by USA Today. They are freaking good!!! The posted that asked "which Heights girl?" had the right question. They are loaded and talented.

Comment

Heights is also a relatively young team aren't they?

Comment

according kip pulliam, through jonathan long, eagle reporter, the player is jhasmin bowen , 6'1" SOPHOMORE......yes, young, but got to let the young ladies know of the seriousness of Coach's intentions!

Comment

Comment

I think Coach Adams is on the right track. Indentify and offer early and develop as long a relationship as possible. Doesn't mean they will get every player they go after, but I think it will improve their chances.

Note to Jhasmin Bowen. Take a good look at the amount of improvement Daria Frazier and Marcy Sudbeck made in only one year under Coach Adams. If you want someone who will push you to new Heights (pun intended) Coach Adams will get the job done if you're willing to work hard.

:goshocks:

Comment

This is not exactly on topic, but Coach Adams was on Sports Daily this morning. Bob Lutz asked her what the team might look like next year and she said that, if the late signing period works out as they are planning, you could see 8 new faces on the team next year.

That would indicate that she is looking at picking up 4 players in the late signing period to go along with the 4 players who have already signed.
                        She did not say much more about it, but I would expect at least 2 of these to be JUCO signings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                          This is not exactly on topic, but Coach Adams was on Sports Daily this morning. Bob Lutz asked her what the team might look like next year and she said that, if the late signing period works out as they are planning, you could see 8 new faces on the team next year.
                          Remaining not exactly on topic, 8 new faces + 7 returners = 15. Does that suggest that we may not have 7 returners? We had a 7-woman rotation the last two games - no Jadhon and no Shantel.

I dunno, but I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
                            Remaining not exactly on topic, 8 new faces + 7 returners = 15. Does that suggest that we may not have 7 returners? We had a 7-woman rotation the last two games - no Jadhon and no Shantel.

I dunno, but I wonder.
                            Yeah, I've wondered about that also. I am sure it is something Jadhon and Shantel will also give some thought to. OTOH, the Women are allowed 15 scholarships. But Jadhon and Shantel probably realize they do not figure prominently in Jody's plans. So it would not be a huge surprise of one or both chose to move somewhere where they could get more PT, if that is what is important to them.

I said earlier that I expect Jody to bring in at least 2 JUCO players. After listening to her Coaches show tonight I would not be surprised if she brought in as many as 4 JUCO kids to bridge the gap. She specifically said that the rebuilding will commence next year.

Comment

That would indicate that she is looking at picking up 4 players in the late signing period to go along with the 4 players who have already signed.
                              She did not say much more about it, but I would expect at least 2 of these to be JUCO signings.
                              In another post, Adams supporters defended her recruiting from last year because their was no talent left in the spring when she got the job. If she is getting possibly 4 more recruits this spring, what does that say? Is there more talent this spring than last year? Did her staff decide to save offers last year, etc.?

Adams was on the road recruiting last year at Murray...she had contacts and saw plenty of kids all year long. Don't sell me this notion that because she got the WSU job late, she didn't have any idea on kids and who to offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X