No announcement yet.

Lady Shocks vs Evansville (Senior Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks vs Evansville (Senior Day)

I guess there is not a whole lot of good reasons to attend today's 2:00 PM game vs Evansville, although I can come up with a few:

1. Senior Day recognition for two vey fine young ladies, Marcy Sudbeck and Daria Frazier. Both Marcy and Daria made big improvements to their games this year with Marcy being named a ESPN/Cosida 2nd Team Academic All-American. Despite less than stellar results on the court these ladies represented WSU with class and dignity and they played with great effort.

2. Shockers trying to stay out of last place. Not much, but they were the near unaminous preseason pick to finish last in the MVC.

3. If you have not seen the Jody Adams version of the Lady Shockers in person, this is the last chance this year. Win or lose, I think you will like the effort the Ladies put forth. For men's season ticket holders this is the last time to use the 2 ticket GA coupon that came with your season tickets.

4. Your other choice is to go watch the Shocker baseball team play a DH vs North Dakota State starting at noon. At about 1:45 you might want to come over to the Koch to recover from your frost bite, watch the women, then had back to the Eck for the remainder of the DH and enjoy what is bound to be a balmy afternoon.

:goshocks:

The ladies dug themselves too big of a hole to begin the game. I believe they were down 19-5 at one point. They got it back within two a couple of times in the 2nd half but didn't have enough to finish.

Marcy and Daria both played well which was nice. Jacie and Val put up some points and hit some big shots. Haliegh fouled out with 6 minutes to go and was a nonfactor today. Nice effort after the slow start but just not enough...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Marisah had her second 10-assist game in a row along with 10 rebounds to record her second straight double-double. Marcy also had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Unfortunately the team didn't get to the line enough. Reminds me of the men's team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
        Marisah had her second 10-assist game in a row along with 10 rebounds to record her second straight double-double. Marcy also had a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Unfortunately the team didn't get to the line enough. Reminds me of the men's team.
        part of this is the officiating - we seriously get no respect

i know in one sequence, marcy was trying to save a ball and just got hammered in the back (no call), then they go down and the same official calls a ticky-tack foul on the perimeter...completely absurd

i think marisah needs like 24 assists to break the single-season record...that would be sweet

Comment

Something just seemed to be off today. We shot it poorly for the most part, especially early. Also I thought that overall our defensive effort was not quite what it has been in most games. Bottom line is that we simply did not play well enough to win.

Now back on the road to finish the regular season at UNI and at Bradley.

In all liklihood the Shocks appear destined to repeat last year's 3-15 MVC record and another last place finish.

Putting the loss and likely finish aside, let me say this. I thought Jody showed genuine concern and affection for her Seniors and their parents. Thanks Marcy and Daria for giving us your all over the past 4 years. Despite the teams struggles on the court, I expect both Marcy and Daria to be successful with the more important business of living their lives to the fullest.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

The female official was pretty bad. She made a number of suspect calls both ways.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              The female official was pretty bad. She made a number of suspect calls both ways.
              yeah, and i noticed a couple of times when jody would question her, she would go to another official and have a smirk on her face...real professional

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrox
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                yeah, and i noticed a couple of times when jody would question her, she would go to another official and have a smirk on her face...real professional
                She has consistently been the worst official we have seen over the last several years. And yes, she is often vindictive when calls are questioned. I'm resigned to the fact that women's BB officiating in the MVC will not be up to the standards of the men or of the larger women's conferences but I am not sure why they can't find a way to get rid of the very poorest performers on a season by season basis.
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                X