Softball Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Prospects

I heard from a teammate that Armagost (pitcher from Bishop Carrol) will sign here next year? Can anyone confirm that?
    As for the Juco players that were brought up on another thread, I have been told that Juden and Young from Cowley have both signed with D2 schools.
    Gabby Heart from Butler is looking at Louisanna Tech and Central Arkansas. I understand Gabby went 2 for 2 off of Juden this weekend with a home run and a double. That sounds like a kid that could help us.

Re: Softball Prospects

Originally posted by Quick Pitch
    I heard from a teammate that Armagost (pitcher from Bishop Carrol) will sign here next year? Can anyone confirm that?
    I intend to be mildly disingenuous here.

Conversations that I am aware of indicate that she will not be coming to Wichita State, even as a walk-on. And I could be wrong - you know how conversations can be.

Comment

Moose I know what you mean, I had heard that she had zero interest in WSU when she played for the Mustangs, then as soon as she left the Mustangs she is suddenly very interested in WSU. Of course that is probably more indicitive of the input she was receiving form the Mustang coaches.
      I guess my question is this, is she even someone that can help our pitching staff anyway? I saw her get knocked around quite a bit pitching at the Gold level. If she were on the staff right now I would figure her to be #3 or even #4.

Comment

As for the Juco players ... a kid that could help us.
        This is entirely a personal opinion and reasonable people will have differing opinions.

I think that it is rare that a juco player could be a signficant help to Wichita State. My definition of "significant" is a probable all-Valley player (and why else would you want them for just two years). The Ashley Brights of the juco world are rare. Players are at jucos for several reasons, their level of talent being the one germane to this discussion. Unless they are a late bloomer or make tremendous strides, they are unlikely to be a help.

Again, just my opinion.

Comment

... then as soon as she left the Mustangs ...
          Shows you were I am in the loop. ;-) I was not aware she had left.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
            As for the Juco players ... a kid that could help us.
            This is entirely a personal opinion and reasonable people will have differing opinions.

I think that it is rare that a juco player could be a signficant help to Wichita State. My definition of "significant" is a probable all-Valley player (and why else would you want them for just two years). The Ashley Brights of the juco world are rare. Players are at jucos for several reasons, their level of talent being the one germane to this discussion. Unless they are a late bloomer or make tremendous strides, they are unlikely to be a help.

Again, just my opinion.
            I agree for the most part, and I guess you would have to look at what those kids do against D1 competition in the fall. A lot of them choke when they face D1 pitching in a D1 atmosphere. The Heart kid just happened to catch my eye when she doubled off our centerfield wall against Breezy. Like anyone else I started wondering why we don't go after more kids like that especially when they are pretty much in our back yard.

Comment

If anyone is interested, there is a tournament at the Mustang facility this weekend involving 10 teams in a double elimination. There will be over 2-dozen players who have signed D-1 already and many others who have a shot in the next couple years. Good chance to get a fix in before the Shockers return home. :clap: :yahoo:

KS Renegades (not sure if its the gold team with Sammie or not)
              KC Eclipse
              KC Chilli Peppers
              Mustangs 18U
              Olathe Rockets Gold
              KC Kahos 2
              Mustangs Gold
              Tulsa Shootout Gold
              Topeka Heat
              KC Peppers Gold

Comment

Here's a profile of Sammie Shook done by Casey Walkup of channel 3.

Derby's Sammie Shook

Comment

Working...
                X