Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future (Change of Subject)

Hey all,

With the season coming to an end, I was thinking about this years players and whats a "fair" expectation of them next year.

Wondering what you all think? I'll start:

Marcy: Graduating

Daria: See above

Jacie: Needs to work on freethrows but bright future.

Marisah: Work on her perimeter game and freethrows. Solid player.

Jahdon: Hasn't played much so not sure.

Val: Great stroke. Needs to work on defense and passing/vision.

Have to run but interested in everyones take!

Individually, I think Haleigh Lankster may have the best upside of our returning players. She needs to learn how to foul less and her offense needs to continue to improve.

Jacie needs to improve her decision making and getting the Shocks into their offensive sets quicker and more completely.

Marisah started out well then went through a real slump. She has started to play better again the last couple of games.

I think Val is what she is, but I also think she is improving. Becomng a better rebounder and finding openings for her shot.

I think Ashley is about as good as she is going to get.

Jadhon has shown a nice mid-range game at times, but she is limited athletically and size-wise is somewhat of a tweener.

Shantel is a big, strong guard but may not have the quickness needed to stay with quikcer opponents. She is a strong rebounder.

Team wise Marcy and Daria will be significant losses. Despite the addition of a good recruiting class, I think next year will produce another finish in the bottom 3rd of the conference. From a D-1 experience standpoint we will still be very young next year.

Another good recruiting class and year of experience should allow us to move up into the middle 3rd of the conference in 2010-11.

Beginning in 2011-12 I hope were ready to compete for MVC Championships and post-season play.

Time table could be faster than that, but right now there are just too many unknowns to expect much more than this IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
      Individually, I think Haleigh Lankster may have the best upside of our returning players. She needs to learn how to foul less and her offense needs to continue to improve.

Jacie needs to improve her decision making and getting the Shocks into their offensive sets quicker and more completely.

Marisah started out well then went through a real slump. She has started to play better again the last couple of games.

I think Val is what she is, but I also think she is improving. Becomng a better rebounder and finding openings for her shot.

I think Ashley is about as good as she is going to get.

Jadhon has shown a nice mid-range game at times, but she is limited athletically and size-wise is somewhat of a tweener.

Shantel is a big, strong guard but may not have the quickness needed to stay with quikcer opponents. She is a strong rebounder.

Team wise Marcy and Daria will be significant losses. Despite the addition of a good recruiting class, I think next year will produce another finish in the bottom 3rd of the conference. From a D-1 experience standpoint we will still be very young next year.

Another good recruiting class and year of experience should allow us to move up into the middle 3rd of the conference in 2010-11.

Beginning in 2011-12 I hope were ready to compete for MVC Championships and post-season play.

Time table could be faster than that, but right now there are just too many unknowns to expect much more than this IMHO.
      :good:

I would just add that Jacie needs to learn to play a little slower sometimes as she has a tendancy at times to get ahead of herself and into trouble. The potential is there though to be a pretty good player and someone to lean on.

I really like Lankster. There's a lot of potential there and she could be the best player on next years team if she wants it enough and works at it.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If our freshman play like freshman, I say 20-10. If they play like the studs they are, I say 28-2.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtJester
          If our freshman play like freshman, I say 20-10. If they play like the studs they are, I say 28-2.

Comment

I agree Sub. Jacie's aggressiveness is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a curse. She just needs to develop a better instinct to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

BTW, my nickname for Jacie is the Sidewinder for the way the ball spins sideways on her shot. It is really very unusual to see.

Comment

Working...
            X