Shockers vs Drake WBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers vs Drake WBB

Not a lot to say about tonight's 65-50 loss to Drake.

One of the poorest 1st halves I have ever witnessed.

Daria played pretty well when she was on the floor, but was again in foul trouble and fouled out with 5 minutes to go.

Marcy struggled most of the game.

Drake dominated the boards.

Won't win many, if any, more with tonight's level of play.

Effort is still there I think, but not playing very disciplined basketball.

Gotta wonder if fatigue is setting in.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      I'm wondering the same thing - not only physical fatigue, but also mental fatigue. The "push" that the new staff has to employ to move to a different level has to be mentally tiring also.

As noted, this game was one of the most discouraging in awhile. You could hear it in Coach Adams' postgame comments on radio and in the paper. The last few minutes of the game she spent at the far end of the bench. I noted to my wife as Drake was pulling away folllowing the 44-40 point in the second half that we are just "out-talented" right now - hustle and desire can only get you so far.

I found it interesting (but not surprising) that no one had an improved Prouty rating.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose
        I found it interesting (but not surprising) that no one had an improved Prouty rating.
        Lankster came the closest to having an improvement. Her All Games rating stayed the same at 0.255. You have to go out to more decimal places to see that it went down slightly from 0.25521 to 0.25499.

I think this is the first time this season that there wasn't anyone who improved.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Yes, you do and as FM pointed out both physical and mental (and perhaps even spiritual to an extent).

That's two poor games in a row now with a hot Creighton team on the menu Sunday followed by a tough road trip to INS and ILS.

If the Ladies have anything left after this stretch, then the next four games get decidely easier with a chance for a couple of wins.

Comment

After listening to the post-game show and reading today's Eagle I would say this is the most "down" I have heard Coach Adams and the first time really that she has called out her team, although not naming any individuals, although vs Drake it truly was a team wide poor performance.

Hopefully, we can survive this stretch against the the upper half teams and finish out the year on a more positive note.

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
              ... Coach Adams ... the first time really that she has called out her team ...
              Good point - I had the same feeling. And I thought, "Can she really do that with this team?" I have the sense that only Daria and Jacie on a consistent basis exemplify the effort she is looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X