Albright becomes winningest First Year Coach (Wolfpack histo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albright becomes winningest First Year Coach (Wolfpack histo

Can this be true??? But ya must remember it was with a team once again from a prevous coach, who resigned as a winner..

Jane has won before so it should not be a total surprise that she has a winning team at Nevada.

Of course, having two pre-season All-Conference players including the pre-season Player of the Year pick doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Lets see if she can recruit and develop her own players...
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Lets see if she can recruit and develop her own players...
        She did for quite a while at Northern Illinois and Wisconsin, no? I doubt she forgot how to coach and develop talent while at WSU.

Comment

I believe her Wisconsin recruiting started going down. I know her results did. She obviously failed miserably here to either recruit or develop talent. Personally, I think it was more a lack of development. Lucky for her Nevada is already pretty well stocked for her. I hope her success continues...
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yes, we can always hope it is just a fluke that Coach Jane is doing well at UNR.

Comment

When Jane took over at Nevada she stated that the athletes she inherited were significantly better than what she had been used to at WSU. (Who knows whether she really believes that are was just making nice-nice to the home town fans).

Nevertheless, I think a matchup between this year's Nevada and WSU teams would be pretty close.

Statistically the teams are very close after both playing 20 games:

FG%: WSU - 39.7%; UNR - 37.9%
              3PT%: WSU - 29.5%; UNR - 29.1%
              FT%: WSU - 66.0%; UNR - 68.1%
              RPG: WSU - 39.0; UNR - 40.2
              APG: WSU - 14.5; UNR - 11.9
              TPG: WSU - 17.8; UNR - 19.0
              Blks: WSU - 68; UNR - 74
              Stls: WSU - 181; UNR - 208
              PPG: WSU - 61.9: UNR - 62.8

UNR is lead by 3 returning seniors including Dellena Criner, a 5'7" point guard, who was the preseason selection as WAC Player of the Year and is leading Nevada in scoring at 15.1 PPG

WSU is lead by 2 retruning seniros, Marcy Sudbeck and Daria Frazier, who are both having very solid senior seasons.

Nevada played a tougher non-conference schedule. The Shocks play in a tougher conference. According to RealTime RPI the MVC is ranked 10th and the WAC is 25th out of 32 D-1 conferences.

I would probably have to give the edge to Nevada because of POY candidate Criner at the point and better depth. Each team scores their average with Nevada winning 63-62 on a nuetral court.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Shocks and Wolfpack start up a home and home series, but I doubt that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Nevertheless, I think a matchup between this year's Nevada and WSU teams would be pretty close.
                I'm sorry, but I think they would beat us, perhaps easily. At http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html they have an RPI of 120. Bradley is 102, Drake is 116 and we are 236. I do not think it would be that close. I mean, they beat Louisville!

But ask me again in about three years. :)

Comment

well, if it came down to coaching....

...i'd go with the current administration...

but, MAYBE, her time in wichita caused her to get after it again.i'm sure at one point she was a reasonable coach...and maybe can be again...she just was not good here....

Comment

Winnng with some of DS recruits, hmm.
                    I love where we are now, let it rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                    X