Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks at Evansville

Lady Shocks 27-27 Evansville (halftime)

Even though this game is available "live" only via Evansville's Live Stats, I am confident '72 will have a number of astute observations. :)

EDIT: I correct myself. Live audio is available from an Evansville station - see either the Shocker site or the Evansville site.

I am not listening to the men's game, but Mike Kennedy is supposedly giving updates of some sort. Perhaps someone will hear something other than just the score there.

Daria with twelve points (and only one foul!) and Ashley with seven lead the Shocks at halftime. Jacie with three is the only foul trouble.

Lady Shocks 49-64 Evansville

Another bad start in the second half. Evansville shot well and we did not.

For the game, we are 0-16(!) on threes and 1-7(!) from the line.

Daria with twenty was the only offense to speak of.

Comment

I believe this game was available online. Not that it matters much now, but that's what I thought Kennedy said.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

No astute observations here. I was at the men's game and the first thing I heard about the Ladies game was the final score.

A couple of obvious points. The Ladies continue to struggle on the road and, at thi point, no answer to that appearss in sight.

From the Box Score Daria and Asley had decent lines, except perhaps for Daria's 6 turnovers. Daria fouled out again, but at that point (1:35 remaining) the outcome was not in doubt.

Daria and Ashley were a comined 14 of 20 (70%) from the field. The rest of the team was a frigid 10 of 47 (21.2%) including 0-16 from behind the arc. Add a 1-7 free throw shooting performance vs 13-16 for Evansville and the outcome is not suprising.

Marcy with one of her least productive games only played 27 minutes and was not in foul trouble. Hard to say what happened with Marcy. Could be Evansville made her the focus of their defense. If so, they were effective taking her out of the game. We sure didn't loosen up the inside with our perimeter shooting.

:(

Comment

Working...
        X