Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock v Braves

Women's division.

Not fairing much better. After a J.C. Hoyt 3 point play to start the game the Braves have gone on an 11-0 run to lead 11-3 at the 1st media timeout.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

15-5 at the 2nd timeout. It sounds like we are really overmatched so far.

Wish I was in attendance.

Comment

24-9 Braves. Shooting lights out but I'm not sure it would matter anyway.

24-11 30 sec to Shocks. Just about to go to the 8:00 media timeout.

Comment

Down 16 now AND in foul trouble.

Looks not good for the lady Shocks tonight.

30-14

Comment

Jaycee Hoyt goes on a little 5-0 run right at the end of the game to establish a new career high of 21 including a big 30 footer at the buzzer!

Shocks lose 69-49.

Comment

Shocks dominated by Bradley tonight. They were simply overmatched at every position against a much more talented and deeper team.

Not only was Bradley stronger, more athletic and more aggressive but their teamwork and execution was very good. Bradley pretty much dominated the Shocks in every phase of the game.

OTOH, the Shocks teamwork and execution was MIA.

Game was over at the half with Bradley leading 40 -17.

Hopefully, the 1st half was a little bit of an aberration as Shocks could not throw it in the ocean and did a poor job of taking care of the ball. However, it also was an indication of just how far the program has fallen and that Jody has a long way to go to with this rebuilding job.

Comment

Bradley 23 assists on 26 baskets.

Shocks 7 assists on 20 baskets.

Bradley outrebounds the Shocks 49 - 32.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                Shocks dominated by Bradley tonight. They were simply overmatched at every position against a much more talented and deeper team.

Not only was Bradley stronger, more athletic and more aggressive but their teamwork and execution was very good. Bradley pretty much dominated the Shocks in every phase of the game.
                Yeah, what he said.

Game was over at the half with Bradley leading 40 -17.
                I suppose I would claim that it was over at the second media timeout of the first half. We were down by ten and never got closer in the half, and the final score was the closest we got in the second half.

Hopefully, the 1st half was a little bit of an aberration as Shocks could not throw it in the ocean and did a poor job of taking care of the ball.
                Marisah had one of those nights when she forced the game instead of letting it come to her. As mentioned, we were just overmatched inside - we probably did as well as you could expect there. Val had only one shot the entire night - a little jumper in the lane when she picked up a rebound off the floor. Shantel ate up some minutes, but the supposed shooting ability has yet to appear - she is barely hitting the rim at best. Jadhon is having to play inside and she has no offensive skills in there and does not rebound particularly well. Jacie had a very nice night - most of the stuff she forces inside worked for her tonight. The zone press we showed against Mercer did not faze Bradley at all.

However, it also was an indication of just how far the program has fallen and that Jody has a long way to go to with this rebuilding job.
                Not to dismiss this season already (I'll be there the rest of the way), but with the graduation of Marcy and Daria, it is going to get worse before it gets better unless we get a strong juco girl for the inside. The incoming freshmen may be talented, but until they demonstrate otherwise, they are still freshmen.

Comment

What was up with Val, sitting on the bench? The fast break in the second half with jaycie and val, and jaycie doesn't passer her the ball, both wide open..

Comment

I was at the game, but strangely enough, I was not disappointed with what I saw. The Bradley team had the advantage in almost every category -- depth of talent (& depth of players, 16), size, strength, teamwork (experience), shooting, & so forth. The one area that was a tie was in effort/desire. Our gals NEVER let up. I should hope to see such effort/desire from the men's team. The fans responded in kind to this effort, especially during the last ten minutes (Bradley still had starters in until the last few minutes) when the gals even seemed to step it up a notch. Because of Bradley's advantages, they probably could have beaten WSU without much problem, but to their credit, they played (this game anyway) as if it was a close game the whole way. This game should be a great learning experience for the WSU gals. Keep up the effort!! Let no team out hustle you and you will be rewarded. Proud to be a Shocker!

:wsu_posters: :posterwu: :wsu_posters:

Comment

Shocks10 -- Ever make a mistake? With the kind of game Jacie had last night and you want to point out that one play. How about giving her and her 39 minutes of tireless effort and great play a break. You'll have to ask Coach about Val's minutes.

Comment

It appeared that part of Bradley's game plan was to take Val out of the game and, in fact, that was confirmed by Bradley's Coach in the game write-up and they did an excellent job of it.

In fact, Bradley pretty much took our entire offense out of any flow and caused us to pretty much play a one-on-one playground game. The 3 assists on 20 baskets pretty much bears that out I think.

Val's minutes were shared by Shantel Pointer who has obvious shortcomings in her offensive game. However, she is stronger than Val, plays pretty good defense and is better equiped to battle a team like Bradley on the boards.

I give Bradley a lot of credit. They have added some nice pieces to their team and are improved from last year. They were very disciplined in running their offense which involved a lot of moving, passing and teamwork. The also kicked our behinds big time on the boards. Bradley will be a handful for about any MVC team this year.

The Shockers lack of depth, especially with Haleigh out, was also really exposed against Bradley.

Comment

It appeared that part of Bradley's game plan was to take Val out of the game and, in fact, that was confirmed by Bradley's Coach in the game write-up and they did an excellent job of it.
                          This is part of everyone's plan - stay up on Val and sag off of Marisah and Jacie. Val is a spot-up shooter and does not create space with the dribble too much (though I have seen her do it occasionally). We run screens for her on some inbounds plays and in some of the offense, but if we do not screen well, she struggles to get shots.

Comment

I guess it happens to everyone.

#15 Rutgers jumped all over #8 Tennessee at Rugers today and took a 33-13 lead over the Lady Vols, the largest halftime deficit ever faced by the Lady Vols.

Only difference, was Tennessee came back with a 42-18 second half to win 55-51. Tennesse was mostly playing 4 freshman and 1 sophomore.

Tennesse has 7 freshman on their roster, but only 6 of them were High School All-Americans.

Comment

i find it interesting that a very good bradley team is only averaging about 600 fans per game at home....kind of sad

Comment

Working...
                              X