Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kerry Rosenboom's daughter will play volleyball at MSU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry Rosenboom's daughter will play volleyball at MSU.

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Looks like she plays a position that she wouldn't see the court for a couple years here. What's more disheartening to me is seeing the one girl go to Arizona State and the other to K-State. Granted the one to K-State sounds like she'd go there no matter what, but the other one I wonder about. Arizonia State isn't that impressive and I'd think if we recruited her she'd come here, but who knows.

Comment

Well, I would imagine that the girl that will head to K-State seen that there would not be much opened in the line up for her for a few years also. Are there any scholarships even available to another hitter? I have heard that there is a top setter that is coming in but are we going after any top hitters from Texas?

Comment

Rosies kid is good but I think you a right about her not playing here for a few years if ever.

Comment

If she can go to a school where she can play, all the more better. As much as we'd like to see the hometown kids stick around, I would rather see them get to play and do good in the college setting. To ride the bench for 2 or 3 years before getting to play can cause problems, so if they need to go elsewhere, then that is fine by me. The more kids from around here doing good, the better off the area sports will be. WSU and even the other schools in KS might not get them, but it brings attention to the area for coaches when there are alot of athletes going D-1 from a particular place.

Comment

I like to see them go play where they can get on the court, this is a females payday, pro chances are very slim. I look at our bench and see a half dozen kids who will never see the court. Is it really worth it to say you were on a D1 team, or find a level where you can actually play a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker
              I like to see them go play where they can get on the court, this is a females payday, pro chances are very slim. I look at our bench and see a half dozen kids who will never see the court. Is it really worth it to say you were on a D1 team, or find a level where you can actually play a few years.
              I think it depends on the person. There are some players that would like to get on the floor even if it means being on a bad to mediocre team, while others would be happy to be part of a good team, even if that means that their contribution is in practice and not in the games. I can't blame anyone for taking either approach.

If you can play for a good team, that is obviously the ideal situation and most players will take that.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
              X