No announcement yet.

Shockers v Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henderson 13-15 from the line, 25 points, 4 boards, 7 assists.

Shocks win 76-69.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

According to the live stats, it's BEEMER.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        3:25 left in OT. Shocks up 66-62.

Shocks shooting less than 40%. Being outrebounded by 14.

Now lead 68-62.

TO Rams, under 3.

Sidenote....whoever is doing the play by play for the Shocks won't be for long. He is outstanding.
        I read somewhere that he did some play-by-play at KU... not sure what sport? Regardless of pedigree, he's outstanding... he's sure not mid-majorish.

:good: :good:

P.S. Congrats ladies!

P.S.S. Congrats coach and staff!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I was at the game and was fairly pleased. The offense had some issues, especially in the first half where things just stalled. But all in all I see a bright future.

Henderson is a freaking stud. She's quicker than anyone I ever played against. I'd have never stood a chance to stop her when she gets going.

Val was a little off today but I think is quite the addition to the program.

Marcy had a solid game. I could have sworn she had more than 11 boards.

Sam Smith put in some solid minutes in the 2nd half.

And with the exception of the two missed FTs late, I thought Haliegh Langster (sp) played quite well. Especially for a Frosh.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sounds good. How good is Colorado State supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster
              Sounds good. How good is Colorado State supposed to be?
              I wasn't impressed. I looks like the rely on #2 and #15 to hit A LOT of three's. They didn't tonight as I believe #2 was 3-11.

They had a couple of big girls inside that worked extremely hard but had little to show for it. Between the two of them (#3 and #32} I think they had 10 fouls and 5 points.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Last year CSU was 4-28 including 0-16 in the Mountain West Conference and finished with an RPI of 310 or so.

Former Shocker Assistant Kristen Holt who left for CSU two years ago was elevated to head coach this year.

To me CSU certainly looked much better than a team ranked 310 in RPI. They had some decent size and athletes and a couple of very good outside shooters.

I look for them to improve their record quite a bit this year under Coach Holt. although at this point it is hard to say how good or bad CSU is.

I think it's safe to say that the two teams that played today were pretty evenly matched.

Shocks had a couple of good chances to win the game at the end in regulation but could not convert a couple of free throws and a rebound put back opportunity right at the end of regulation.

I will say I thought it was a very entertaining game for the most part and I'm not sure the Shocks win this game last year.

Comment

It hasn't taken long for the diminutive 5'2" Marisah Henderson to establish herself as the leader of this year's team. 26 points makes for a nice Shocker debut.

We needed a much better perforfmance from the combined 3-20 effort we received from Marcy and Daria in the Exhibition game and the two seniors did come through combining for 8-19 from the field and 6-7 fron the line for 22 points plus 17 rebounds. In addition, despite fouling out I thought Daria did great work on Juanise Cornell (#35) defensively and on the boards. Cornell was to say the least a very powerful looking athlete.

Val Siemens can definitely stroke it and we need to try to find her as much as possible with kick outs and coming off screens.

Ashley Gladden gave us 19 solid minutes in a game where we were battling foul problems.

I continue to be impressed with the athleticism of Freshman Haleigh Lankster. Despite tightening up on the two free throws at the end of regulation, I still think Haleigh will be a very good player. Haleigh did hit a very nice baseline jumper in the OT.

Sam Smith only played 6 minutes but was very effective on the boards and hit her only shot attempt. She looked mutch better than in the Exhibition game. I think she may have earned some additional minutes with her play this afternoon.

I like the effort and hustle I am seeing and Mariseh is going to be a real fan favorite in her two years with the Shocks.

:clap: :goshocks: :good:

Comment

In the box score I noticed that they only had 17 turnovers. That's not bad compared with how they were turning it over last year. The 8 turnovers by Marcy are way too many. If she takes care of the ball better, it's an easy win.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                      In the box score I noticed that they only had 17 turnovers. That's not bad compared with how they were turning it over last year. The 8 turnovers by Marcy are way too many. If she takes care of the ball better, it's an easy win.
                      Also, I'm not sure how many of those turnovers were offensive fouls, but there were a few.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                        Also, I'm not sure how many of those turnovers were offensive fouls, but there were a few.
                        and lots of traveling by both teams...

Comment

17 turnovers is too many, but would have been below average by last year's standards.

However, I must admit that I did not realize Marcy had 8 turnovers. I do remember making a face at the ill-advised cross court pass that was intercepted, but other than that I don't remember that aspect of Marcy's game standing out to me.

I was impressed that Marisah and Jaci combined for 11 assists and 2 turnovers which is outstanding.

That combined with Coach Adams comments in today's Eagle tells me that taking care of the basketball is a much bigger priority for Coach Adams than it has been in the past.

Comment

Working...
                          X