Shocker Madness....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Madness....

I was looking for little things to help me get excited about this team. We know that it's going to be rough with only 10 players on the bench and a new coach, but there were a lot of missed shots tonight. There were some nice plays to get to open shots but then nothing would fall. They do have some pretty quick guards, but they're all going to have to learn to finish. It was a sad sight as I was hoping there'd be a little bit to get more excited about and maybe convince a few fans to show up and support them.

Don't get me wrong, there's no doubt that this team is working hard and going to do everything they can to be competitive and win, but it's going to be rough. Also in their defense, they had zero subs so I'm sure they got a little tired not really having any breaks in the action.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Yeah, looks like this team will continue to be offensively challenged.

They did look like they may be ready to get after it a little harder on the defensive end.

Fortunately, we have a very weak non-conference schedule so perhaps the ladies can gain a little confidence on the offensive end before MVC play starts.

But as Sub said we saw nothing to elevate our expectations too much for the coming year, but I believe we will see a team that plays very hard.

Comment

When they were missing layups in the layup drills is when I first started thinking it might be a long season.

The score was 5-4 after 10 minutes - and it wasn't because of great D. There were probably twice as many turnovers as made shots - and it wasn't because of great D.

It looked like they took 10 random players off of intramural teams and suited them up. Adams better be a great recruiter. She's staring with very little her first year.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

They only played 10 minutes!!! Jody has a lot of work to do, lots. If you can't translate practice into game time, it doesn't count.

Lots of playing, not much production. 5-4 after 10 minutes of play. They reminded me of little kids playing soccer, like a bee swarm chasing the ball.

They need lots of poise and teamwork. The little 5'2" guard isn't bad, but she will be getting up from the floor a lot this year.

Comment

Jodi said in the paper today that she wasn't surprised by how "sluggish" they looked. Apparently they had a 3 hour practice saturday and that could have had some impact. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt here as it'd be easy to be sluggish with only 10 players in this case.

But it's still quite disappointing that the public display of the team was so poor.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I thought the new PG, Henderson, showed a lot of talent. A couple of questionable passes, but she can pass, shoot, and seemed to have good court awareness. Her, Hoyt and Val Siemems could be a good group of guards. I think our biggest problem will be post play.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              like a bee swarm chasing the ball.
              Well the team motto is "Sting Like a Butterfly, Swarm Like a Bee!"

Wait a minute, that can't be right. ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X