MVC Coaches Volleyball Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Coaches Volleyball Predictions

WSU women picked 2nd behind UNI. Lungren, Harsh and Jakubov picked as pre-season All-Valley.

See:

The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Almost seems like the baseball team...half the first team is WSU yet other people picked first...

Comment

I think the Top 5 teams in the MVC are quality teams and I am expecting another very competitive MVC race similar to last year.

UNI, CU, MSU and ILS will be great matches to attend.

Hopefully, Abby's back issues won't be our downfall this year, or if she does have problems, that Kayla and/or Kaitlyn can fill in adequately.

Good Luck and Good Health, Shocks.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

They just don't want to pick WSU to win anything. It's a conspiracy :)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          I think the Top 5 teams in the MVC are quality teams and I am expecting another very competitive MVC race similar to last year.

UNI, CU, MSU and ILS will be great matches to attend.

Hopefully, Abby's back issues won't be our downfall this year, or if she does have problems, that Kayla and/or Kaitlyn can fill in adequately.

Good Luck and Good Health, Shocks.

I agree. In spite of the strength of the Valley, I think that we win it so long as Abbey and Sarah stay healthy. We can even have some injuries with our depth and be fine, but losing either of those two for a significant stretch would be tough.

We had an very young team and injury problems last year and still were right in the hunt for the Valley title, so in spite of UNI's strong program and good team, I think that improvement from last year will be much greater than theirs.

I can't wait for the season to get started!
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Is it about time the Volleyball team get their own forum on here? Most of the topics on here are about VB.

Now back on subject. It will be very fun. I'm gonna convince the wife to attend one with me. She watched part of one a couple of years ago before Shocker Madness and seemed interested. I'll remind her of it, and hopefully I'll be there to see them play either KSU or Cal-Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
              Is it about time the Volleyball team get their own forum on here? Most of the topics on here are about VB.

Now back on subject. It will be very fun. I'm gonna convince the wife to attend one with me. She watched part of one a couple of years ago before Shocker Madness and seemed interested. I'll remind her of it, and hopefully I'll be there to see them play either KSU or Cal-Poly.

Hopefully, schmopefully........get your butt to both games. You are too good of a fan to miss these games!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

How many MVC VB teams will get into the NCAA tourney this year?

Comment

One
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't know about that SG........2 made it last year and both won 1st round games.

The league is tough, very tough, 1-5. I expect 2 get births and in a perfect scenario 3.

Comment

I believe we SHOULD get more but I can't help but be skeptical until it happens again.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        I believe we SHOULD get more but I can't help but be skeptical until it happens again.
                        As long as teams get in from the bigger conferences with a barely above .500 record and teams that are ranked 22nd in the nation don't, then I'll just stick to believing that the MVC is a one bid conference, no matter how wrong I think it is.

Comment

I agree with Doc. I think the MVC will get 2 teams. MVC teams have performed well in recent NCAA's and have been very competitive. The league is getting better and more competitive every year.

Shocks can go a long way toward building a bullet-proof at-large case by winning all 3 matches next weekend which would include wins over a very good K-State program and #14 ranked Cal Poly.

Shocker fans can do their part by showing up in large numbers and proudly and loudly supporting their team. As a side benefit you will have an absolutely great time.

Comment

Working...
                          X