VB vs. KSU tickets - Buy-1-get-1-free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB vs. KSU tickets - Buy-1-get-1-free

I just bought my tix online for the KSU match and they are buy-1-get-1-free (although there is a $1 per paid ticket plus $5 order charge). Four tickets cost me a total of just $21.

I really hope there is a big out pouring of support for this first weekend. It has the chance to be very special and a real boost to a wonderful program.

Hopefully there will be a substantial media blitz in the next few days. The program deserves it.

Get out there and buy your tickets folks!

I'm sure I'll be doing a trivia give away before too long but it won't be for this weekend!

Actually I have a question in mind..........

Comment

I was really surprised when I read the paper this morning about the player that transferred here from Winthrop.

Does she have a connection with Coach Marshall, or did he influence the transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        I really hope there is a big out pouring of support for this first weekend. It has the chance to be very special and a real boost to a wonderful program.

Hopefully there will be a substantial media blitz in the next few days. The program deserves it.

I'll second that motion, Doc.

Actually, I have to throw down a challenge to the Shocker Maniacs to get behind the VB team.

So far, I would have to rank student support of the VB program as dissappointing to date. Time to correct that situation.

Go ahead Shocker Maniacs, make my day! Hope to see about 1,000 of you at the K-State match next weekend.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by WuDrWu

I'll second that motion, Doc.

Actually, I have to throw down a challenge to the Shocker Maniacs to get behind the VB team.

So far, I would have to rank student support of the VB program as dissappointing to date. Time to correct that situation.

Go ahead Shocker Maniacs, make my day! Hope to see about 1,000 of you at the K-State match next weekend.

I have to give it up to the Marketing Department so far. Good coverage in the paper and on radio. There is certainly more to do but the effort is there so far.

I agree the students have been weak so far. I remember the B-ball players showing up at a lot of games last season and I know they enjoyed themselves. I really want to see a big crowd next weekend. I didn't realize Cal-Poly was a top 20 team. Our hands will be full but with record support from Shocker faithful I am confident the ladies will prevail.

Comment

What a great opportunity to see some very good volleyball. With 3,000 to 5,000 people in Koch Arena for this match the noise would knock K-State out of town. I am sure it would help our team to give K-State players some 6-packs (the act of having an opponents spike leave the ball mark on your face). Every coach at the U should "encourage" their teams to attend for a little bonding and great volleyball. Every volleyball team in the region should be there to see a great match.
            GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stThings1st
              What a great opportunity to see some very good volleyball. With 3,000 to 5,000 people in Koch Arena for this match the noise would knock K-State out of town. I am sure it would help our team to give K-State players some 6-packs (the act of having an opponents spike leave the ball mark on your face). Every coach at the U should "encourage" their teams to attend for a little bonding and great volleyball. Every volleyball team in the region should be there to see a great match.
              Actually, I would expect a pretty decent showing of K-State fans for our match with them, so the Lady 'Cats won't be entirely on an island.

I've noticed in WSU'S marketing efforts that they have been promoting the tournament as featuring K-State (with nary a mention of #14 ranked Cal Poly). A smart move I think. K-State will be the drawing card.

Even more of a reason for Shocker Fans and Shocke Maniacs to mobilize support for this coming weekend.

Nebraska and Creighton played in front of 12,000 last year in Omaha (no doubt dominated by #1 ranked Nebraska fans).

I would love to see the Shockers have to drop the curtain on the east side of the arena to accomodate the crowd, although I doubt that will happen.

Comment

Picked up an autographed 2007 Volleyball poster/schedule yesterday.

High quality to say the least. I am now officially in Volleyball Season mode. Friday cannot get here soon enough as I am on total Shocker withdrawl.

Comment

Lambo was on Sports Daily this morning.

Didn't talk a lot about his team other than the key will be managing the health of Abby Harsh and Sara Lungren which has been talked about before.

Lutz asked how important it would be (for recruiting) if the Shocks would beat K-State. He said it would be helpful, but not so much in our backyard, but outside our backyard. He said he has had vey little success in recruiting the Kansas City area. He said a lot of the parents apparently have poor opinions of WSU because he said it is difficult to even get a visit from a KC recruit.

He said the MVC will be very competitive again with UNI, CU, ILS and MSU only with the Shockers. He said most of the top MVC teams have upgraded their schedules this year and have a chance to build good RPI's. Although he said last year the MVC had 5 teams in the top 75 RPI and only got 2 teams in the NCAA Tourney. The SEC did not have 5 teams in the top 75 in RPI but managed to get 5 teams into the tourney.
                  I don't really expect that to change.

He said the season start date has been moved up a week which is a rule change pushed by the MVC to allow for more Non-conference play. Unfortunatley, they did not move up the start of practice. Schools that start classes later will have an advantage because you can have 2-a-day practices until classes start. Bradley, for example, will be able to have 9 more practice sessions than will the Shocks because of this.

Talked about the teams in this weekend's tournament. He said K-State should be a Top 25 team this year. They had some inury problems last year that have been resolved and apparently they recruited a very good player from Russia.

He said #14 Cal Poly is not real big, but they are very athletic and that they play one of the fastest games of VB in the nation. Cal Poly is the second highest rankded team to ever play the Shocks at home.

North Texas will be a competitive team. In fact, they beat the Shockers this past spring. However, Lambo said he does a lot of experimentation in the spring and said not to read too much into that match.

Cal Poly will stay in Wichita and scrimmage the Shocks on Tuesday which Lambo was very pleased with.

Comment

Working...
                  X