No announcement yet.

Mark Your Calendars Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure that promoting specific Shocker sports is necessarily a primary purpose of ShockerNet, nor is ShockerNet, at this point, even a very good medium for promoting Shocker sports. What do we have, a couple hundred active members. I really don't think a separate discussion board for VB would have any significant positive impact on the Shocker VB program. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find the VB discussion. I'm living proof of that.

However, I have no problem with a separate board, if in the natural course of things, the level of discussion would support that. At this point, I don't see it.

The primary responsibility for promoting Shocker VB lies with Jim Schaus and his staff.

One thing I would like them to consider is a Volleyball open house or a Volleyball Madness similar to the Shocker Madness for the basketball teams, maybe a couple of weeks before the season starts.

I would have some drawings and prize give-aways such as free season tickets.

Coach Lamb could give an overview of the game at the College level and answer some common questions or FAQS.

The team could go through some of their skill building drills and then top off the night with an intra-squad game to 15 followed by a meet and greet the team in the concourse.

My only concern is not very many of us would show up. Nevertheless, I'm going to e-mail this idea to Jim Schaus for whatever it's worth.

:goshocks:

Comment

I think they do a good job promoting volleyball. I think they sell almost as many group tickets for volleyball as they do for womens basketball. It's not a mainstream sport, especially in the midwest, and we still get good attendence. Our national ranking in attendence speaks for how well they market it here. I think it's partly up to us as fans to get those around us to come to games. I know 72 gives co-workers tickets and I'm hoping to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        I have not yet received my renewal form for VB season tickets. How about you?
        I did receive my VB season renewal and am now the proud holder of 4 season tix.

:goshocks:

Comment

I also received my renewal form and will renew shortly.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
          X