Shocker Softball @ Indiana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Softball @ Indiana State

In Game 1 of today's DH, Ashley Bright gave up a home run to the Sycamores lead off batter in the bottom of the 1st. It was the only hit she allowed while striking out 13.

Unfortunatley, the Shocks only managed 3 hits themselves, left the bases loaded in the Top of the 7th and lose the game 1-0 to open the series with the last place Sycamores.

All of a sudden, the Shocks offense seems to be grinding.

The Shocks have now fallen to 9-7 in the MVC. 5 of those losses have come against the 4 teams at the bottom of the conference standings. The Shocks swept MVC leader SIU giving them their only 3 losses so far and the took 2 out of 3 from Creighton and Missouri State. Unfortunatley, they don't seem to be able to handle the bottom half of the league.

As WuDrWu says, this team is really diffiucult to figure out.

Ashley Bright also started Game 2. That tells you how important winning the second game was to Coach Pooch.

Cynthia Verhulst homered in the top of the 4th to give the Shocks a 1-0 lead.

In the bottom of the 4th Ashley gave up a 2-run homer to Inidana State to surrender the lead.

The score was still 2-1 into the 7th. Old dependable Katie McGeeney singled to left with one out, bringing up sophomore Kara L'Huillier who was hitting 0.189 coming into the game. Kara responded with her first homer of the season to give the Shocks a 3-2 lead.

Unfortunately, Ashley gave up another 2-run homer in the bottom of the 7th as the Shockers are lose both ends of the DH to last place Indiana State.

Ashley only gave up 6 his in 13 innings today, but 3 of those were home runs that accounted for all 5 of the Sycs runs scored in the DH.

A disastrous day for the Shocker softball team.

:cry:

Comment

I know pitching in softball is different than baseball, but I'm going to pose the quesiton anyway. Could it be that Ashley is being overused?

Comment

Since the throwing motion is underhand, the same stress isn't put on the shoulders.

I believe the only way a pitcher in softball gets overused is simple general fatigue.

Comment

I believe ABC is absolutely correct
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

ABC is correct.

Comment

Working...
            X