No announcement yet.

2017-18 Shocker Women's Tennis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great talk with Colin last week. He felt like we had good chances at the #2 and #3 and that doubles was almost a toss up. Basically he said win 2 and 3 and find 2 other points lol.

Anytime you can win the doubles it's a heck of a 1st step.

Go Shocks!
    Last edited by WuDrWu; May 11, 2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks HCCF flipped Sandra and Giulia moving Sandra down to the 3rd flight and Giulia up to the 2nd flight. Has worked like a charm.

Would love for the match clinching win to come in the #1 singles. Fatima is up 6-1, 5-3.

Comment

Knutson hits an easy overhead just wide to give Bizhukova a 5-3 lead.

Comment

Bizhukova playing some good defense and just waiting for Knutson to repeatedly shank the winner.

Syracuse is on the board with a win in #5.

Comment

Got em.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            And I got my wish. Fatima put it away in the #1 singles.

And there it is! 6-1, 6-3. #5 goes down embarrassingly! WSU wins!

Comment

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            She kinda did go down embarrassingly. Looked like she had better game, but was a complete mental wreck in that match.

• RoyalShock
            RoyalShock commented
            Editing a comment
            She is a hard hitter, but they will miss if you keep them in the points long enough. Credit to Fatima for handling the pace and forcing Knutson to try and end the points, unsuccessfully.

Embarrassing!!!!!

Comment

Syracuse should not only consider themselves embarrassed but

Syracuse = Thoroughly Embarrassed

Comment

• RoyalShock
              RoyalShock commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep! Their only real success was at #5. Gabriella had found her groove late in the first set and was in control in the 2nd. Sarvinoz was battling, up 1 set to 0.

It has been really great seeing WSU compete well across the board athletically with the move to the AAC. If you jump into the new league and find you are in last and well behind the pack, it could be hard to ever get up off the mat. Instead, just about everyone is demonstrating that while MBB was driving the realignment bus, there is a reason WSU was utterly dominating the MVC in the All-Sports trophy.

Comment

Admittedly, I don't know much about collegiate tennis, but this seems dumb:

"When the bracket for the NCAA tournament was released on May 3, head coach Younes Limam called several coaches in the American Athletic Conference about WSU. The conversations focused on matchups and tendencies of the Shockers."

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                I will ask Colin or perhaps Danny about that next time I see them.

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe it's totally normal in college tennis, no idea. Just doesn't make much sense to me why conference mates would work against each other come post-season. I assume it doesn't have the monetary implications for the conference like basketball, but still, any/all additional prestige for one's own conference seems like a positive.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                The thing is the Syracuse coach could have called about anybody on our schedule. Since the AAC does not play a regular season schedule in tennis the AAC coaches are not more likely to know our tendencies then anyone else. Maybe Tulsa who we have played on a regular basis.

Comment

When you have two good and relatively closely ranked teams you rarely see the match dominated at the 1, 2 and 3 singles positions. And that is exaclty what the Lady Shocks did today. They dominated those matches.

I don't think Missouri State has a chance against Ole Miss today and no chance Ole MIss will overlook the Shocks tomorrow. The Shocks certainly played well today but Ole Miss will no doubt be a big step up in competition.

Very pleased for this Shocker team but especially for the 2 seniors, Gabriela and Giulia.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 11, 2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Syracuse should learn to not overlook WSU.... in any sport.

Comment

UCF knocked of FIU at the Miami regional in Coral Gables 4-3 for their first ever win in NCAA Tournament play. Congrats to the UCF Ladies.

Tulsa is playing LSU at Oklahoma State. When I clicked on the Live Stats link once I found it I received a message that said access has been restricted to credntialled media members. Live stats for women's tennis is restricted? LOL.

According to Tulsa's Tennis Twitter page the Hurrican lead LSU 2-0.

Update: Tulsa wins 4-2.

Very good day for AAC Women's Tennis. All 3 teams will most likely be underdogs tomorrow.

Here is the AAC report on the 3 wins by the AAC Women.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 12, 2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Coach Foster on his 1st NCAA win as a head coach:

Comment

Working...
                      X