Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else watching our future conference foe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else watching our future conference foe?

Down two now in OT to Mississippi St.
    The Assman

This has been a hell of a game. Too bad it's only the Final Four and not the title game.
    The Assman

Comment

Wow! Just wow!

Great shot by Mississippi State at the end. Worried that they might have waited too long.

What the hell was up with that last possession for UConn? Hold for the very last shot.
      78-65

Comment

It's bittersweet. I'm happy for MSU, but I selfishly wanted WSU to break UConn's streak next season!
        The Assman

Comment

Man Mississippi State had some serious size although it was their 5-5 point guard that led them to victory. The neat thing about Mississippi State ending the streak is that in last year's Sweet 16 UConn beat them 98-38.

I was surprised at UConn's lack of depth. However, the Shockers could play this UConn team a 100 times and not beat them once. The Lady Shocks have quite a ways to go to be competitive with the likes of UConn. My goals for Wichita State women's basketball are much more modest. I would be thrilled if we were able win the WNIT and maybe win a game at some point in the NCAA Tournament. Parity and Women's College Basketball aren't exactly synonyms.

Drake was the 1st Valley team in Valley history to go 18-0 (plus they won the Valley Tournament). Drake and UNI, by far the class of the Valley this year, both made the NCAA Tournament and received 10 seeds which was actually very good seeding compared to what Valley teams having been getting in recent years. Drake lost by 13 to K-State in their 1st round game and UNI lost by 21 to DePaul. Both K-State and DePaul lost in the next round by 21 points to this year's final two, Mississippi State and Stanford.

Hopefully, the Shockers' boat will be raised to a bit higher level with the move to the AAC but it won't happen overnight.

Comment

Working...
          X