Shocks vs Evansville (Softball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Evansville (Softball)

Shockers visiting Evansville for a 3-game MVC series this weekendwith a DH today and a single game on Sunday.

Evansville took a 1-0 lead with a two-out sngle and double in the bottom of the 5th.

However, the Shocks have rallied for 4 in the top of the 7th to take the lead.

Ashley Bright in the circle for the Shocks.

:clap: :goshocks:

Evansville pulls to within 4-3 on a one-out 2-run home run.

That was followed by a double to put the tying run in scoring position for Evansville with one out.

Shocks intentionally walk the 3-hole hitter who was 2 for 2 in the game.

:shock:

Comment

Wow. :cry:

Comment

Evansville gets a 2-run double to answer the 4-spot the Shocks put up in the Top of the inning and to win the game for the Aces 5-4.

:(

Comment

I would post about game 2, but I don't want to jinx the outcome like I did Game 1.

:whistle:

Comment

Shocks build a 4-1 lead again in Game 2, however, this time the Shocks hold the lead and take Game 2 by that 4-1 score.

Actually, Shocks maybe should have scored even more as the banged out 13 hits including 3-4 by Katie McGeeney, 2-3 for Jamie Hull including a home run and 2-3 from Kiersten Dixon.

Brianna Smet went the first 5 innings for the win with Ashely Bright closing out the last two innings.

That is two solid outings in a row by Fresham Brianna Smet which is very good to see.

Hard to believe the Shocks let Evansville come back in Game 1 -- very uncharacteristic of Ashley Bright this year. Makes tomorrow's rubber game very big.

:clap: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwu:

Comment

Shocks drop Game 3 to Evansville 5-0.

Somehow I knew that 1st game loss was going to come back to haunt the Shocks.

Have now dropped 2 of 3 MVC series. Need to pick up a few sweeps somewhere along the line now.

Comment

This team is really tough to figure out. They can be really good (Washington, Texas, at SIU) and then equally bad.

A little more consistency would be a nice way to build towards tourney time.

Comment

Working...
                X