Women's Basketball Media Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Basketball Media Day

I do think this Shocker team will be much improved and I think it's good that Jody is attempting to revamp her offense and I also like the deeper roster. I think this roster does have enough talent to be very competitive in the Valley.

I did have to chucke a bit when Jody said that not a lot of their losses (last year) were huge losses, they were very close losses. The Shockcers lost 22 games last year. 9 of those losses were by single digits with an average margin of 5.2 points. 13 of those losses were by double figures with an average margin of 21.5 points. Now I can understand that Jody would want to put those memories out her mind but clearly those numbers are likely a key motivating factor in Jody's decision to make some changes in her approach regarding roster size and offensive scheme. I like it that she is willing to change.

Jody stated in her remarks that she came to a realization that playing kids 30+ minutes a game takes a toll over the course of a season and a career and that she thinks the larger roster will be a positive over time as long as they have the right pieces. This year she says to expect 3-5 minutes of intense play and then she will substitute. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out but I am somewhat optimistic at this point.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 17, 2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

For those that want to criticize me for this post, go ahead and get it out now.

Meh, I think I've made my feelings known about the women's basketball team. I want all Wichita State teams to succeed, I really do. But I can not, and will not support Shocker women's basketball as long as Jody Adams is the coach. She has no business still being here and it's a damn crime she is.

As much as I want the team to do well this season (at least better than last season) part of me wants this team to tank it just as hard, if not harder than last season, so maybe we can finally get rid of Jody once and for all.

I'll probably still watch them play when they play on tv, and I'll root for the PLAYERS to do well, but I won't be disappointed if they have a bad season that costs Jody her job. Hopefully that will be politically correct enough for all the rest of the women's basketball supporters.

Comment

Can't wait to see the ladies in action tomorrow night, just want to see how much work coach birch and staff put in with the ladies during off season. Should be exciting to see for any lady shocker fans.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
          For those that want to criticize me for this post, go ahead and get it out now.

Meh, I think I've made my feelings known about the women's basketball team. I want all Wichita State teams to succeed, I really do. But I can not, and will not support Shocker women's basketball as long as Jody Adams is the coach. She has no business still being here and it's a damn crime she is.

As much as I want the team to do well this season (at least better than last season) part of me wants this team to tank it just as hard, if not harder than last season, so maybe we can finally get rid of Jody once and for all.

I'll probably still watch them play when they play on tv, and I'll root for the PLAYERS to do well, but I won't be disappointed if they have a bad season that costs Jody her job. Hopefully that will be politically correct enough for all the rest of the women's basketball supporters.
          I also thought Jody deserved to be terminated but she wasn't and that isn't going to change. My hope is that she has been scared straight. I suppose the fact that we had no departures from last year's team and she has been able to assemble a roster of 16 players may indicate that she has seen the light and that Jody might be making good use of her second chance. It is certainnly helpful that Dana Eikenberg moved on. Perhaps her new husband has been able to influence her in a positive way as well. We will just have to see what happens going forward.

It would have been nice if Jody and the Athletic Department had genuinely owned up to and taken some responsibility for their past sins and issued the appropriate public apoligies. But that did not happen.

If you really want Jody gone then the most likely way that will happen is for the team to be very successful to the point the Jody will be an attractive candidate to P-5 programs. Her contract is just too sweet for her to walk away from and too costly for WSU to eat. However, she has shown a keen interest in the past of moving on to greener pastures.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 20, 2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X