Shocks vs Missouri State (Softball)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs Missouri State (Softball)

If you like a good pitchers duel then you will like today's game.

The Shocks Ashley Bright and the Bear's Melissa Porche are both working on one-hit shoutouts through five full innings.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Mow 'em down inning for Ashley Bright in the top of the six.

Top of the order up for the Shocks in the bottom of the sixth, Katie McGeeney leading off.

:goshocks:

Comment

Shocks down in order also in the sixth.

Comment

A one-out walk and a stolen base puts the Bears in scoring position in the Top of the 7th.

Comment

Ashley escapes any damange with back-to-back strikeouts to close out the Top fo the 7th.

Comment

Shocks literally squeeze out a run in the bottom of the 7th for their second consecutive 1-0 victory in MVC play.

DP Cynthia Verhulst lead off the inning with a single to right, her second hit of the day. Lindsie Mitts pinch ran for Cynthia and promptly stole second base.

Heather Gerritse successfully sacrificed Lindsie to 3rd base.

Jamie Hull with a bunt single to score Lindsie with the winning run. I could not tell from the game-tracker whether it was a suicide squeeze bunt, a safety squeeze or whehter Jamie was bunting for a hit (doubtful in those circumstances). Edit Note: According to goShockers.com it was a squeeze play although it did not say whehter it was a suicide or safety squeeze.

Ashley Bright with her 3rd consecutive complete game shut-out in MVC play. The previous two were 3-hitters against SIU today she held the Bears to one lone single, while ringing up 13 K's. The Shocks now have 4 consecutive shut-out wins in MVC play against teams expected to finish in the upper half of he league.

Great job, Ladies. Keep up the good work.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Thanks '72. I had intended to attend today's game but unexpected delays forced me to miss it.

I really appreciate the update.

Thanks!

Comment

I love these girls! They really 'bring it' to homeplate!!!

What was that movie about women's baseball in the 40's with Madonna in it?

Comment

A League Of Thier Own
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    A League Of Thier Own
                    In fact, it was on last niight. USANetwork is playing baseball movies all week. Monday was The Rookie.

One of the great all time movie lines came out of a league of their own:

"There's no crying in Baseball!"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Originally posted by SubGod22
                      A League Of Thier Own
                      In fact, it was on last niight. USANetwork is playing baseball movies all week. Monday was The Rookie.

One of the great all time movie lines came out of a league of their own:

"There's no crying in Baseball!"
                      ... and, as Madonna said to Tom Hanks in League of their Own, "Wow, mister, that's some good peeing!"
                      :yahoo:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

I always loved:

"Hi, my name's Mae, and that's more than a name, that's an attitude."

Comment

The whole movie was a fun movie. Hanks was great in it.

Comment

This was one of my favs:

"Did anyone ever tell you, you look like a penis with that little hat on?"
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                            X