2016-17 WBB Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-17 WBB Schedule

Not a bad non-conference schedule, at least based on last year's RPI.

H = Home, R = Road, N = Neutral (Last Year's RPI)

H - Creighton (118)
    H - UMKC (308)
    R - UT - Arlington (150)
    N - Purdue (72)
    N - Stanford (7)
    N - Northeastern (153)
    H - Arkansas State (40)
    R - Missouri (39)
    H - Abiliene Christian (75)
    H - Incarnate Word (322)
    H - South Dakota State (44)

6 home games, 3 neutral site games and only 2 pure road games. The Shocks RPI last year was 302 but I would expect them to improve on that significantly.

6 games vs 2015-16 top 75 RPI teams. 3 against middle level RPI teams (118 to 153) and two bottom feeders.

The Shocks went 3-8 in their non-conference games last year (against D-1 opponents) against probably a weaker schedule. A 5-6 non-conference record with this schedule would be a significant improvement. 6-5 would be a very solid start and would set up the Lady Shocks very well for a run back to a top 3 finish in the Valley (which I do not expect to be very strong this year).

I think this Shocker team has the pieces and the potential to show signficant improvement this year. We'll just have to see how it works out.

This years team is going to be a vast improvement imo

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      This years team is going to be a vast improvement imo
      I looked at the 2016-2017 roster on the Shocker website and it just showed the returners. Is that correct, I thought there were several new players.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
        I looked at the 2016-2017 roster on the Shocker website and it just showed the returners. Is that correct, I thought there were several new players.
        It's quite possible that they simply have not yet added the incoming players yet. Usually, the simplest explanation is the best one. Time will tell I guess.

Not really sure any of the newcomers (assuming they do in fact show up) were going to make much of an impact. However, we do have 5 seniors on this year's team that will need to be replaced.

Comment

Go to bottom of article to see list of newcomers...

WSU notes: Brent Kemnitz available to talk, lunch, text and fund raise for all Shockers sports http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e98341382.html
          Last edited by WstateU; August 27, 2016, 08:16 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

An interesting part of the article is a change in the offense from a ball-screen approach to dribble-drive. This will be of interest to many since the offense to this point was largely generated by the defense or Alex Harden (who is now in her second season with the Phoenix Mercury). At least it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              An interesting part of the article is a change in the offense from a ball-screen approach to dribble-drive. This will be of interest to many since the offense to this point was largely generated by the defense or Alex Harden (who is now in her second season with the Phoenix Mercury). At least it seemed that way.
              Sounds like good move. Hopefully, it pays dividends. Will cause some of our Valley foes to have to adjust to defending a different style from what they have seen from the Shocks in the past. Glad to see that Jody is open to trying new things.

Comment

Good gritty win tonight for the lady shockers, a couple things to work on but I like our depth and heart that they displayed. Will be a fun team to watch, look forward to the game sunday

Comment

I'm not getting my hopes up if they struggled to beat a Newman team that has struggled in their own conference, and had 2 solid quarters against a D1 team. Maybe it was first game jitters, or getting everybody on the same page, but I'm not impressed with a 9 point victory. We'll see how they do Sunday, but they are going to have to play a lot better to make me think they'll even compete among the Valley this season.

Comment

Not to mention they were without two of there top four scorers last year in (taquandra Mike and jyar Francis). Like what I saw from the juco players Thompson and the freshmen Kayla Williams, will definitely be some players to keep an eye on.

Comment

Good gritty win tonight for the lady shockers, a couple things to work on but I like our depth and heart that they displayed. Will be a fun team to watch, look forward to the game sunday
                      Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                      I'm not getting my hopes up if they struggled to beat a Newman team that has struggled in their own conference, and had 2 solid quarters against a D1 team. Maybe it was first game jitters, or getting everybody on the same page, but I'm not impressed with a 9 point victory. We'll see how they do Sunday, but they are going to have to play a lot better to make me think they'll even compete among the Valley this season.
                      Not to mention they were without two of there top four scorers last year in (taquandra Mike and jyar Francis). Like what I saw from the juco players Thompson and the freshmen Kayla Williams, will definitely be some players to keep an eye on.
                      Mum, gotta give you 'two thumbs up' for your optimism…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                      X