2007-08 Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-08 Attendance

NCAA website lists average attendance figures for the year. WSU ranked #59 in the nation this year, despite having a losing season. This placed Shocker attendance above the likes of Michigan, UCLA, USC, Arizona, Syracuse, Illinois, Georgia Tech, Tulsa, Oral Roberts, Florida, and on and on.....Even if one subtracts the 10,000 plus at the school house day, WSU ranked above most of these teams.
    Adding wins to the mix should only cause those numbers to increase, hopefully.

There certainly is potential at WSU.

My only hope is that wbb finds its own niche and doesn't take away from volleyball. I would much, much rather watch a vb match than a wbb game. And it has nothing to do with the uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      There certainly is potential at WSU.

My only hope is that wbb finds its own niche and doesn't take away from volleyball. I would much, much rather watch a vb match than a wbb game. And, yes, it has a little to do with the uniforms.

Thanks for saving me some work, Royal.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

No problem, Doc. But how much do you get an hour? wsu789 saves me some work so I think we both need to be fairly compensated, and I can't afford him!

:lol:

Comment

trufan, would you please provide a link to your data.

I have been trying to find the 2007-08 info your referred to at NCAA.com but have not been able to I did see the 2006-07 attendance stats, but not the 2007-08.

TIA

Comment

Well, unfortunately, i don't know how to provide a link, but I will tell you how I got to it. NCAA.com (NOT dot org), then sport--womens basketball, then the lower right hand portion has a section that says "More Womens Basketball", where you can select 2007-08 Regular Season Attendance Rankings. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by trufan
              Well, unfortunately, i don't know how to provide a link, but I will tell you how I got to it. NCAA.com (NOT dot org), then sport--womens basketball, then the lower right hand portion has a section that says "More Womens Basketball", where you can select 2007-08 Regular Season Attendance Rankings. Hope that helps.
              Found it. Thanks. Tennessee - Wow! Think women's basketball is a revenue raiser for the Vols.

Here is the link:

Comment

Just a quick gripe... I'm tired of everyone saying that volleyball REGULARLY draws 6000+ Even that moron Lutz mentioned this in a newspaper article, volleyball does not pull in those numbers only on the rare occasion when they reduce admission and advertise heavily. No knock on volleyball but come on...

Comment

Originally posted by shockerball05
                  Just a quick gripe... I'm tired of everyone saying that volleyball REGULARLY draws 6000+ Even that moron Lutz mentioned this in a newspaper article, volleyball does not pull in those numbers only on the rare occasion when they reduce admission and advertise heavily. No knock on volleyball but come on...
                  I agree. VB regularly draws about 2,000. I would like to see us double that though. Not sure where all the die hard Shocker basketball fans are in the fall.

Comment

As of 1:30 today, WBB attendance will be up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerball05

Average attendance = 2550
                      Matches with 2000+ fans = 8 (6122, 6024, 2752, 2294, 2196, 2147, 2097, 2090).
                      Lower (than 2000) attendance matches = 6 (1754, 1740, 1712, 1633, 1591, 1546).

WSU's lowest attendance (1546) was equal to the average attendance of #24 Michigan State (1546) and beat the average attendances of #32 KSU (1247), #41 KU (936), #28 UCLA, etc.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X