2016 D-1 NCAA Track & Field West Preliminary Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 D-1 NCAA Track & Field West Preliminary Round

The Shockers have a record 25 athletes who have qualified for the NCAA West Preliminary Round of the NCAA Track & Field Championships in Lawrence, Kansas May 26-28. The top 48 marks in the Western half of the country qualify to participate. The top 12 finishers in each event advance to the NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon from June 8-11.

10 of the Shocker qualifying athletes are from the Shocker women's team.

The highest ranked Lady Shocker is Freshman Carlea Holt who ranks 15th in the West in the javelin. Jr. Breanne Borman (46th) will also throw the javelin.

Jr. Taylor Larch-Miller is 20th in the 200m dash. Not sure how healthy Taylor is.

Sr. Jamesia Milton is 21st in the hammer throw.

The Lady Shocks are deepest in the 3,000m steeplechase with with Jr. Sidney Hirsch (26th), Fr. Rebeccah Topham (30th) and Sr. Kayla Deighan (40th)

Sr. Ashley Peterson 36th in the high jump, Sr. Sadie Suenram 36th in the discus and Sr. Taylor Swanson just makes the filed in the pole vault at #48.

http://www.goshockers.com/news/2016/5/19/track-and-field-shockers-declare-most-ever-for-ncaa-prelims.aspx

Looks like a long shot for any of the Lady Shockers to advance but it should be a great experience for all involved.

:poster_shocks:

Schedule of events in which Shocker athletes are competing at the NCAA West Preliminary Round:

WICHITA, Kan.  --  Ten of the Shockers' school-record 25 qualifiers will compete Thursday at the NCAA Track and Field West Preliminaries at Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence, Kan.

Update: A few field events started today but nothing was finished due to weather. Everything postponed and will need to be re-scheduled.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 26, 2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Shocker Sr. Ashley Petersen soared over the high jump bar at 5-10.75 to set a new PR and finish 4th in the NCAA West Prelims and she will be heading to Eugene.

Congrats Ashley. Very happy for her.

Comment

Nice pre-NCAA Championship meet article on Ashley Petersen.

Good luck Ashley!

Comment

Ashley Petersen finished T15 in the High Jump, clearing 5-10. Seven went out at that height, but her number of misses dropped her to the bottom of the pack.

Paige Knodle of Northern Iowa finished eighth in the Heptathlon.

Comment

I ran into Ashley today.

I win.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I ran into Ashley today.

I win.
              After seeing her picture, I would have to agree!

Comment

Working...
              X