Lady Shocks Tennis - 2016 NCAA Touranment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Shocks Tennis - 2016 NCAA Touranment

The #29 ranked Lady Shocks play #37 TCU tomorrow at 10:00am CT in Coral Gables, FL and that match will be televised on ESPN3.

WICHITA, Kan. -- No. 29 Wichita State (27-3) makes its eighth-consecutive NCAA Regional appearance and will open against No. 37 TCU (15-6) in Friday's First Round. The eight-time defending Missouri Valley Conference champion Shockers have won a school-record 17-straight matches but are in search of their first postseason win in nine years. An opening round triumph would also set a new program record for most dual wins in a season.

Should be a very good match with the winner advancing to play the winner of the #7 Miami Hurricane vs Quinnapiac match. It would be a upset of epic proportions if that is not the host Miami team.

Shockers 3-4 TCU

Comment

A little disappointing. I thought this might be the Shock's year to make a little noise in the NCAA Tournament. I was a bit worried about how sharp the Shocks would be after playing a very tough non-conference schedule but having to hone their game at the end of the season against a pretty weak Missouri Valley.

The Shocks got off to a good start winning the doubles point. Unfortunately, the Shocks could not get it done in the singles with only Giulia Guidetti at #4 and Abby Stevens at #6 able to win their matches. I was a bit surprised that none of the singles matches went 3 sets.

Still it was a very, very good season for the Lady Shocks.

Comment

Shocker So. Gabriela Porubin was invited to the NCAA individual championships but she fell in the 1st round 7-5, 6-3 to Pepperdine Fr. Louisa Stefani.

Not a surprising outcome considering Gabriela was 91st in the singles rankings an Stefani was ranked 6th.

Actually, Gabriela made it reasonably competitive considering the difference in ranking.

TULSA, Okla. – Wichita State sophomore Gabriela Porubin fell 7-5, 6-3 to Pepperdine's Luisa Stefani, Wednesday afternoon in first round action at the 2016 NCAA Division I Women's Singles Championships at the University of Tulsa's Michael D. Case Tennis Center.

Comment

Working...
        X