No announcement yet.

2016 MVC Outdoor Track & Field Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steeplechase underway. Shocks expected big results, so this could be a great way to finish a super day.

13 points looks not possible at all right now.

Actually, the Shocks may have gone 2, 4, 5 in the event. Fr. Rebekah Topham closed like a monster for 2nd. She'll be a handful in the 1500 and maybe the 5k.

And WSU picks up 17 instead of 13 in the 3K.

Another great day for the ladies. After 9 events scored (heptathlon, hammer, javelin, pole vault, Steeplechase, 10k, shot, long jump and high jump) the Shocks have a commanding lead.

62.5 is the lead, but according to the results, that's after only 8 events. Not sure where I've missed something.

Regardless, WSU is in excellent position to win championships tomorrow.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; May 14, 2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Things could not have gone much better for the Shocks. I am especially happy for Breanne Borman who has and is battling injuries this outdoor season. In fact, until this weekend she had not be unable to finish a Heptathlon this spring due to foot and knee issues.

The Shocker dominance in the heptathlon and the decathlon was pretty impressive.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2016, 11:15 PM.

Comment

The Shocker women and men both won Valley Track & Field Championships this weekend with very strong team performances, especially the Shocker men whose 74 point winning margin was the most since the 2003 Shocker team won by 96.5 points.

The Shocker women pulled of a solid 22.2 point victory despite being without the services of Nikki and Taylor Larch-Miller.

Coach Rainbolt wins COY honors for both men's and women's track & field.

Congratulations Coach Rainbolt and congratulations to all our very dedicated and hard working track and field athletes.

Comment

I was kind of curious how the Shocks might fare next year in MVC Track & Field. So I decided to adjust the scores from this year's championship won by the Lady Shocks to exclude points scored by Seniors. Here are the results which represent points scored this year by athletes who have eligibility remaining next year (points scored by seniors are in parenthesis):

1. WSU 121.5 (34)
          2. SIU 71.0 (46)
          3. ILS 67.5 (40)
          4. MSU 57.5 (43)
          5. UNI 56.0 (77)
          6. INS 51.0 (19)7
          7. LOY 24.0 (11)
          8. DRK 19.5 (40)
          9. BRD 4.0 (48)

At first glance this would seem to bode pretty well for the Lady Shocks.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

At least Loyola isn't losing much? Maybe they can pass Drake next year!!!!!

Comment

I believe both Nikki and Taylor Larch-Miller have 1 year of eligibility remaining if they can and want to return next year. Nikki did not participate in either the indoor or outdoor seasons this year with an achilles problem and while Taylor did run a couple events in the Valled Outdoor Championship I am not sure she was 100%.

Not sure where they are with their education are what the prognosis is for Nikki to recover from her achilles issue. If both those ladies can back in full health things will look even better for the Lady Shocks than they already do.

Comment

Moved by op.

Comment

Working...
                X