Shocker SB at 15/14 Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB at 15/14 Missouri

The mid-week excursion for the Shockers is to Columbia on Wednesday to play a DH against the 15/14 Missouri Tigers starting at 4pm.

Missouri has an overall record of 26-10 and are 5-7 in the SEC. They have a win over Northern Iowa among their non-conference games. Their RPI ranking is 11. Nine SEC schools are in the Top Twenty in the polls and the lowest RPI ranking of those nine schools is 18. A very tough conference!

Missouri is another school which does not maintain a stats-only page on their Web site. Any current stats have to come from their Game Notes. For the Tigers, Sami Fagan, Taylor Gadbois and Regan Nash all hit .400 or better. Fagan, Chloe Rathburn and Emily Crane have each hit ten home runs.

Paige Lowary and Danielle Baumgartner have most of the innings. Lowary has an ERA of 4.21 and fourteen wins. Baumgartner has an ERA of 2.07 and eleven wins.

The Shocker overall record is now 21-16 with a Valley mark of 7-5. Their RPI ranking is 58, still the highest in the Valley.

Macklin continues to have the highest OPS for the Shocks at 1.181 along with seven home runs. PaigeL is at 1.123 with six home runs, Brittany at 1.004 and Cacy at .930 with seven home runs.

Jenni's ERA is 2.82 with a WHIP of 1.38. The numbers for Katie are 4.55 and 1.59 and for Kelsey are 3.63 and 1.67.

Shocker Assistant Coach Nicole Hudson was an outstanding player at Missouri from 2010-2013.

Game One

Jenni has the start with Liz, Laurie Anne, MackenzieW and Cassidy starting among those in the all-but-one group. Kelli is the "one" in this game. Baumgartner is the starter for Missouri.

I jumped the gun earlier - Missouri is 18/18 in this week's polls, but the RPI ranking of 11 is correct.

Although I do not get the SEC channel on my cable subscription, I can watch this game on WatchESPN on my iPad. I cannot watch the game on WatchESPN on my computer.

In the bottom of the second, Missouri scored on a walk and two-run homer. After two more walks, Kelsey came on in relief. Three hits later, the Tigers had score six runs in the inning.

In the third, Missouri had a solo home run. After a walk and single, Crane hit her eleventh homer of the year. Then a strange play. A drive to right-center hit the track. When PaigeL tried to bare hand the ball, it bounced off her hand and over the fence. Originally ruled a double, Coach Earleywine questioned the call, the umpires got together and the play was ruled a double and two-base error on PaigeL, the run scoring. Tigers lead 11-0 after three.

In the fourth, Kelsey gets a three-up, three-down inning, but it is too late.

Shockers 0-11(5) Missouri

The Shockers had five hits, a double by Brittany in the fifth being the only extra base hit. Macklin had two singles. Jenni took the loss, now having a record of 11-6.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; April 13, 2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Missouri raking the Shocks over the coals. Jenni got through the 1st but gave up a 2-run homer followed by 2 walks to open the 2nd inning. Kelsey came on in relief of Jenni but has not fared any better.

After 3 innings Missouri is cruising up 11-0.

Hopefully, Game 2 will go better for the Shocks.

Comment

Game Two

Katie has the start. Cassidy sits in this game with MackenzieW catching and Liz at third. Lowary has the start for Mizzou.

Missouri scored one in the first with a single and double. A single followed by a caught stealing earlier in the inning saved another run.

Missouri added four runs in the second. Although there were no errors in the inning, some questionable decisions on defense did not help - one that allowed the inning to continue and the runs to eventually score. Mizzou leads 5-0 after two.

In the third, Ashley faced a interesting defense - five infielders and a left and center fielder. She walked on four pitches.

NOTE: Had to leave a this point but will finish the game description and do a Save of the post. The result below posted by @1972 Shocker precedes the completion of this post.

The Tigers had a solo homer in the third.

The Shocks got on the board in the fourth on a single by Liz and a home run by Cacy.

Ashlynne came on to start the bottom of the fourth. She gave up three runs in her three innings, including a solo homer in the fourth.

Shockers 2-9 Missouri

The Shocks had four hits, two by Cacy who had the home run and the two RBI.

Although Katie gave up eight hits in her three innings, she was throwing a lot of drops and keeping the ball down in the two innings I was able to watch. Her record is now 8-6.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; April 13, 2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Shocks fall in game 2 by a 9-2 score. Sometimes your are just overmatched.

Comment

Working...
          X