Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW what do i do????

....i've put all of my eggs in the jim littell basket.... :(

oh, well...i think this is a plum job...someone good will get it!

Re: NOW what do i do????

Originally posted by molly jabali
    oh, well...i think this is a plum job...someone good will get it!
    I gotta agree with you on this one, molly. There's a fan base just hovering out there to get behind even modest success in W. basketball at WSU. Good facilities, strong athletics department, supportive AD, weak conference. There's even a pretty decent pool of womens talent in KS to draw from.

A good coach and good recruiter could get WSU to the NCAA's within 2-3 years, IMO.

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

i agree...the combination of: a basketball rich area, a hungry fan group, and a momentarily weak league ought to have SOMEONE salivating! :posterwsu:

Comment

I'm sure she's already been mentioned, but what about somebody who has coached at KSU since 1996 and knows recruiting in this state?

Probably a long-shot since she's been coaching with Deb Patterson since the early 90's, and would most likely shy away from competing head-to-head with her for area recruits.

Comment

We don't need a Texas grad.
          Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
            We don't need a Texas grad.
            I disagree. We did pretty well with a ChickenHawk on the men's side.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

what we need is a disciplined, enthusiastic coach that WILL develop players :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound
                I'm sure she's already been mentioned, but what about somebody who has coached at KSU since 1996 and knows recruiting in this state?

Probably a long-shot since she's been coaching with Deb Patterson since the early 90's, and would most likely shy away from competing head-to-head with her for area recruits.

http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArti...&Q_SEASON=2007
                I'd be fine with someone like this, as long as she can take the gloves off when necessary during the recruiting process.

Whoever we get, I'd hope they would look at Jackie Stiles as a 2nd assistant. She'd bring some star power to the staff as well as player development skills.

Comment

Whoever we get, I'd hope they would look at Jackie Stiles as a 2nd assistant.
                  That would be a great move.

She would bring alot to the program.
                  Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Plus Stiles would probably be able to recruit the state of Kansas pretty well.

Comment

Deb and Kami are a "package" deal, if you get my drift.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

:shock: - Not!

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

I thought that might be the case since they've been coaching together for almost 20 years. Somebody with Kami's resume and pedigree would probably have moved on by now.

Comment

Working...
                          X