Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Demarini Desert Classic (UNLV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Shocks do exactly that with Kelly Spring moving everyone up 1 base with a single then Paige Luellen clearing the bases with a double. Shocks now lead 7-1 and still threatening in the top of the 5th.

Comment

A throwing error plates the Shockers 8th run and then after a Cassidy K single Laurie Anne Derrico, another freshman, delivers a run scoring double to put the Shocks up 9-1 and gives them a chance to end it in 5 on a run rule if they can set down SJS in the bottom of the inning.

Comment

Kelsey gives up a double and a single to start the bottom of the 5th and SJS manages to push across 1 run to make it 9-2 Shocks. So they play on.

Comment

Shocks open the 6th with 2 singles and an error to load the bases. Paige Mason is pinch hitting for Cacy Williams. At that point the live stats seems to have died.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

In the top of the sixth, the Shocks load the bases on singles by Mackenzie, Kelli and PaigeL. PaigeM then pinch hit for Cacy - about fifteen minutes ago. Apparently, she has fouled off every game ball they have into the parking lot. I suppose another possibility is the StatBroadcast is frozen.

Oops! Now we only have the single by Mackenzie on the board. Then the single by Kelli. Now the infield single by PaigeL has been rescored as an error.

Maybe progress is in the offing.

EDIT: @1972Shocker: already has an error on the ball hit by PaigeL - maybe I misread it the first time.

Comment

Live stats are now functioning. Paige reached on an error by the SS and the Shocks are up 10-2, bases loaded and no outs as the top of the 6th continues.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                EDIT: @1972Shocker already has an error on the ball hit by PaigeL - maybe I misread it the first time.
                No, you read it correctly. I edited my initial post once they updated the live stats after the long delay you mentioned.

Comment

Shocks have 13 hits so far but San Jose State has also been quite charitable contributing 4 errors to the Shocker's benefit.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2016, 05:48 PM.

Comment

In the bottom of the sixth, single, double play, double, fly out and the game is over by run-rule.

Shockers 13-2(6) San Jose State

Kelsey gets the win, giving up a run on four hits in four innings.

Mackenzie and Kelli have three hits, Cassidy and Laurie Anne have two hits. PaigeL and Liz have three RBI. Cassidy and Liz homered. Only eight of the runs were earned, still plenty of earned runs.

Comment

Game Two

The Shockers next play Hawai'i after resting for one game. The Rainbow Wahine lost to BYU last night by a score of 9-1. They play Oregon State (who just beat Robert Morris) now before taking on the Shocks.

Comment

Hawai'i lost to Oregon State 11-1 in five innings.

Katie has the start in this game. McKenzie Adams replaces Macklin in the lineup. Still no Brittany.

After three innings, Hawai'i leads 4-2. They had a solo home run in the second and a three-run shot in the third. The Shockers clawed two runs back in the bottom half on a single by McKenzie, a walk to Ashley and an RBI single by Mackenzie. Kelli followed with an RBI on a fielder's choice.

Comment

The Rainbow Wahine extend their lead with two runs in the fifth - single, single, passed ball, ground out and the front end of a double steal. The two hits the Shockers got in the third are their only hits of the game.

6-2 Hawai'i after five complete innings.

Comment

The Shockers threatened in the sixth with one out on a walk and double by Liz, but two pinch-hitters could not bring anyone home.

Still 6-2 after six.

After Katie gives up a leadoff single in the seventh, the tenth hit of the game for Hawai'i, Ashlynne is on in relief of Katie and gets three ground outs.

Ashley get a one-out single in the Shocker seventh but nothing comes of it.

Hawai'i 6-2 Shockers

There were only three hits by the Shocks with the double by Liz the only for extra bases.

Katie took the loss, giving up ten hits and a walk in six plus innings and yielding four earned runs. She struck out five.

The Shockers play Cal State Northridge followed by Oregon State beginning at 11am CT tomorrow.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; February 19, 2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Game Three

The Shockers take on the Matadors of Cal State Northridge in their third game of the Classic. Yesterday, CSUN lost to Weber State 9-8 and defeated Portland State 16-12. Last weekend, they lost to Oregon State 6-2 at the Kajikawa.

Katie has the start in this one, and freshman Kaylee Hueckner replaces Laurie Anne at short. At this point in the season, Laurie Anne is 3 for 17 (two for extra bases) but with nine(!!) strikeouts when nobody else has more than three. A change here was inevitable. Kaylee started the first two games of the Aggie Classic at third before Cassidy Kelsheimer took over as catcher and Mackenzie moved back to third.

Comment

The Matadors score in the top of the first on two singles, a double steal and a sac fly. They lead 1-0 after one inning.

We are really, really going to miss Melanie's arm behind the plate. Later this weekend, I will try to dig up the stats.

In the second inning, the Matadors score another run on a double, sac bunt and sac fly. The Shocks are six-up, six-down with three strike outs through two innings. 2-0 after two.

In the top of the third, after a walk and double, Ashlynne replaces Katie in the circle with no one out and promptly gives up a two-run single. A walk and an error lead to another run, and the Matador lead grows to 5-0 after two and one-half. Now nine-up, nine-down for the Shocks and the game trundles on.

5-0 after three.

Be back several hours from now.
                                Last edited by flyingMoose; February 20, 2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X