Shocks vs SIU (Friday 1/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks vs SIU (Friday 1/22)

The ladies Defeat SIU 57-48 for our first Valley win.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Even in a win that was tough to watch. That last 2 minutes of game clock seemed to last an eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
      The ladies Defeat SIU 57-48 for our first Valley win.
      Huge turnaround win for the ladies!

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
      Even in a win that was tough to watch. That last 2 minutes of game clock seemed to last an eternity.
      So was this a solid win for WSU, a bad game for SIU? Is the outlook for the rest of the season improved?

Comment

The first half was one of the 3 best halves of basketball the ladies have played all year. The second half, not so much. SIU was really bad tonight and still almost squeeked out a win. Wsu turned the ball over 3 or 4 times trying to get the ball inbounds during the last 3 minute of play.
        I honestly can't say it's a turning point or changes our outlook. I thought the Tennessee game was. I was wrong. I guess we see who shows up Sunday. Evansville is a good team to have at home to try to win a second straight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          So was this a solid win for WSU, a bad game for SIU? Is the outlook for the rest of the season improved?
          Very good 1st half for the Ladies. SIU was pretty bad tonight in just about every phase of the game except for the 1st 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter. I don't know if I have ever seen trio of guards have such a bad shooting night as the SIU starting guards. Not sure it changes a lot for the rest of the season because of the poor 2nd half performance by the Shocks. What I am seeing is that none of the teams in the Valley are unbeatable. Not sure the Shocks will see to many more games where the opponent shoots so poorly but if they can start putting together a full 4 quarters of solid play they can certainly win some games over the remaining portion of the season.

Comment

Working...
          X