Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers at Loyola (Friday, 7pm) and Bradley (Sunday, 2pm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the correction 72. We haven't played in the opening round for enough years I forgot about the possibility of having to play 4 in 4.
    I knew teams had done it or come close in the past but I just don't see the lady shox having the legs or talent. I honestly don't know where we will finish. Maybe Bradley is the slumpbuster the ladies need.

Comment

Shocker game notes are here. LiveStats are here.

Comment

The Shockers lead after the first quarter 8-6, and are shooting 26.7%. The Braves are shooting 16.7%. The Shocks missed some bunnies, and Bradley managed to match them in this area. It is nine degrees in Peoria, but some people came out to see this.

Comment

On pace for a 32-24 game, and that's not necessarily because of defense. This is rough to watch. Ladies take a 4 point lead at 10-6. I wonder how many points win this game...

Comment

Bradley take a 21-17 lead into the half. The shooting percentages for both team are near 23%. Rangie has eleven and three others (none of them TaQuandra) have two. Agreed - this is tough to watch.

In searching for a bright side, we are 17-17 from the free throw line this weekend.

Comment

Women trail 17-21 going into the half. Rangie is 4-8 and has 11 points to lead the Lady Shox. The rest of our lineup has combined for just 6 and is combined 2-18. That's not gonna win many games.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                Bradley take a 21-17 lead into the half. The shooting percentages for both team are near 23%. Rangie has eleven and three others (none of them TaQuandra) have two. Agreed - this is tough to watch.

In searching for a bright side, we are 17-17 from the free throw line this weekend.
                And we are out rebounding Bradley. Lots of rebounds to be had today. I know Rangie has a couple put backs on a offensive boards or we'd really be in trouble.

Comment

The game is tied at 28 as we enter the fourth quarter. The shooting percentages have zoomed to near 25% for both teams. As has been pointed out, this is just poor shooting, not great defense. Rangie has 19 of the 28.

Comment

TaQundra fouls out at 4:13 of the fourth quarter and the Shockers trailing by four. Who besides Rangie is going to score?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                      TaQundra fouls out at 4:13 of the fourth quarter and the Shockers trailing by four. Who besides Rangie is going to score?
                      Nobody. I guess Diamond gets a bucket when it doesn't matter to give her 4 points (12 shots to score 4). Mike scores 7 on 14 shots. No other shox player scores more than 2. Rangie scores 27 as the lady shox fall 44-50.
                      Not sure who we beat now.

Comment

Bradley 50-44 Shockers

The Shocks lost a chance for a road win, because Bradley is not very good and did not play particularly well. Rangie scored 27 on 9-17 and 9-9 from the line. She also had 18 rebounds. TaQuandra (3-14) and Diamond (2-12) were the only other Shockers to speak of willing to shoot. After Rangie, the team shot 18% from the field. The whole team shot 28.6%, and Bradley shot 26.7%.

Just not a pretty sight.
                        Last edited by flyingMoose; January 17, 2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Other Sunday Scores

Southern Illinois 74-56 Evansville (Saturday)

Loyola 62-73 Missouri State

Northern Iowa 53-42 Indiana State
                          The Panthers were down six at the half in this one.

Drake 76-41 Illinois State
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; January 17, 2016, 08:19 PM. Reason: late score

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                            Not sure who we beat now.
                            I'm with ya there @Shox1979:. How do you have a player, Rangie Bessard, go for 27 points and 18 rebounds and hold Bradley to 27% shooting and still manage to lose by 6 to a bad basketball team. Obviously, that doesn't say a whole lot good about this Shocker team.

I think this team can still win a few games (just no idea how many) but right now they just seem to have a knack for finding ways to lose games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I'm with ya there @Shox1979:. How do you have a player, Rangie Bessard, go for 27 points and 18 rebounds and hold Bradley to 27% shooting and still manage to lose by 6 to a bad basketball team. Obviously, that doesn't say a whole lot good about this Shocker team.

I think this team can still win a few games (just no idea how many) but right now they just seem to have a knack for finding ways to lose games.
                              To any who want to reply: Over 3 of the last four games, was the team playing better than this earlier in the season against some teams that were as good or better?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                To any who want to reply: Over 3 of the last four games, was the team playing better than this earlier in the season against some teams that were as good or better?
                                We probably played our best in the Tennessee game, which we were in until late (even though it wasn't a dominant Tennessee team this year) and our first half against Drake. I really can't say as our wins have come against teams you probably never heard of (Florida Int., prairie View a&am and North Carolina A&T state). Not exactly big wins.
                                I really thought after Tennesee we had momentum. I was wrong. I thought we would get a win today. Was wrong again. Maybe Evansville and Illinois state at home are winnable.
                                I'm not sure what happened to Jyar Francis. She was doing well until her concussion. And diamond started off well, with high expectations and has fallen off. I'm not even sure why Jaleesa gets minutes. Maybe by default. She adds nothing right now.
                                No one except for Rangie or Mike has any confidence. Rangie has plenty of that. Some games Mike takes a lot of shots to get her points.
                                I honestly don't know if we are playing better or worse. Drake seemed better. Today worse. I really can't get a feel for this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X