Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shockers v Northern Iowa (Friday) and Drake (Sunday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lady Shox lead at half 35-32. shox playing with a lot more energy today. Mike leads with 14, Rangie has 12. Pacar has done a decent job helping with ball handling and breaking Drake's pressure but has missed several short jumpers in the lane.
    Our returning players really need to step up. Martin, chapel and Lockhart have yet to score and Stovall has 3 points. Francis has also been very quiet since missing time and Rangie becoming eligible.

Comment

Women

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
      Lady Shox lead at half 35-32. shox playing with a lot more energy today. Mike leads with 14, Rangie has 12. Pacar has done a decent job helping with ball handling and breaking Drake's pressure but has missed several short jumpers in the lane.
      Our returning players really need to step up. Martin, chapel and Lockhart have yet to score and Stovall has 3 points. Francis has also been very quiet since missing time and Rangie becoming eligible.
      WSU assistant coach Kirk Crawford was once an assistant at Drake. He can't stand Drake. He probably placed his lack of favor for Drake on the WSU team. He should have that MO-JO for every team they play

And yes, 1972; I thought I might not still follow the Shox Women, but I'm still hooked; I just won't walk Koch Arena when I'm in town. I am a fan of WSU Women's basketball just not the Coaching Staff.

Comment

Midway through the 3rd and shox trail 42-44. Rangie has 18. Mike 12, Pacar has 8... A combined 38 of our 42. Mike and Pacar both have 3 fouls. Hope this doesn't bite us since no one else seems to want to score.

Comment

Rangie picks up her 3rd and then immediately her 4th with 540 left in 3rd. I had just hit send on last post when it happened. Gonna need someone to step up now.

Comment

Through 3, Lady Shox trail 44-58. Fouls hurt as we couldn't be as aggressive on defense or crash the glass as hard. Rangie didn't sit long but the shox couldn't get any flow. Diamond had several decent looks but it really struggling from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
              And yes, 1972; I thought I might not still follow the Shox Women, but I'm still hooked; I just won't walk Koch Arena when I'm in town. I am a fan of WSU Women's basketball just not the Coaching Staff.
              That is perfectly okay with me. No one needs nor should be in the least bit interested in my approval.

Comment

From the time the game was 42-44... The Bulldogs have gone on a 43 to 11 run. It's now 53-87.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew. :(
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    That is perfectly okay with me. No one needs nor should be in the least bit interested in my approval.
                    I just appreciate your basketball knowledge and insights and once said I was done; then I decided to continue to support the kids. Even this group should win a few with their average talent in this weak MVC, but I think they could go 0-18.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                      I just appreciate your basketball knowledge and insights and once said I was done; then I decided to continue to support the kids. Even this group should win a few with their average talent in this weak MVC, but I think they could go 0-18.
                      I don't think they will go 0-18. I think they have a few kids with above-average talent and in most Valley games they will be the more athletic team on the floor. I think that was the case with Drake for example. Right now they just seem to be very inconsistent and their lack of experience is no doubt hurting them. I could see them winning somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 6 games in the remainder of the regular season. As you point out the Valley is not terribly strong this year.

Comment

I don't see us going 0-18 either. I did bet a friend that we would finish bottom half of the valley this year (6-10). She says top half.
                        After losing to the teams picked 7th and 10th on the road, and 3rd and 2nd at home I'm not sure what to expect. Our first half tonight beats a lot of the teams, but we couldn't maintain that pressure, and fouls limited us, and we couldn't buy a basket for a long time.
                        I think we pick off Illinois State and maybe a few others at home. I don't see us winning on the road. Especially against anybody picked above us.

Comment

Other Sunday Games

Missouri State 60-65 Northern Iowa
                          A surprising weekend (two losses) at home for the Bears after winning two on the road last weekend. Obviously, a nice win for the Panthers.

Southern Illinois 68-69 (OT) Loyola
                          Another surprising result.

Indiana State 63-56 Illinois State

Evansville 62-46 Bradley
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; January 10, 2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

We have a chance to beat Bradley on the road, but I don't think anyone else. Maybe we have a chance for three home wins for four total conference wins.

And a whole lot depends on how quickly we overcome our lack of experience, how quickly we achieve some consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                              Southern Illinois 68-69 (OT) Loyola
                              Another surprising result.
                              Yes it was. Especially in Carbondale.

Comment

Amazing how some and wishing failure on our ladies,and delighting in their lack of success on the shockernet "fan" forum....smh

Comment

Working...
                                X