2015-16 Shocker Indoor Track & Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-16 Shocker Indoor Track & Field

The indoor season will kick off on January 9th with a meet at Kansas State. In addition, to KSU, Missouri State, Nebraska-Omaha and Arkansas Pine-Bluff will participate.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 7, 2015, 11:19 AM.

This event has already occurred but their fund raising efforts have fallen pretty short. Perhaps some of that is due to a lack of publicity. I am sure they would still appreciate any contributions regardless of amount. I don't do Facebook so thought I would post it here to spread the word a little.

Our annual intrasquad meet is coming up again. On December 4th the black, gold, … Taylor Larchmiller needs your support for Battle of the Black, Gold, & White

Comment

I will try to provide some T&F updates - I know there are a lot of people who follow the team but not a lot of people post.

The Shocker women should, once again, be one of the top teams in the MVC this year. Last year they finished 3rd at the MVC Indoor (lost by 18 points) and return most of their team as well as adding some talented newcomers.

They had their annual Intrasquad Meet in December as well as a Pentathlon and will resume the season this weekend (Saturday) at Kansas State against the Wildcats, Nebraska-Omaha and Ark-Pine Bluff. Don't expect WSU to come out with all of their athletes in multiple events as last year they competing sparingly in their first meet back.

If you're making the trip to Ahearn Field House in Manhattan, the field events begin at 11am, running events at 2pm.

Comment

Wichita State women picked first in the MVC Indoor preseason poll with 80 pts (8 first place). Indiana St 2nd with 73 (1), here is the entire release from the Valley ... http://www.mvc-sports.com/trackfield.../#.VpA3DRUrKhc

Comment

Nice to be picked 1st but the margin is very slim over Indiana State. Should make for a very exciting Indoor Championship.

Hopefully, the Shocks will stay healthy and be at full strength come Championship weekend.

Comment

The Shocker women had a solid start to the indoor season Saturday at Kansas State.

Probably the highlight of the meet was the emergence of JC transfer Jamesia Milton in the throwing events where she threw 65-7 in the Weight and 45-1 in the Shot Put. The Shocker women have struggled for years in these events in conference competition and now have a legitimate threat.

Not all of the top Shockers competed Saturday and will be probably be in the lineup Friday at KU for the Tri against KU and K-State.

Taylor Larch-Miller won the 60m and was 2nd in the 60 hurdles to the NCAA champ from K-St. Her sister didn't compete and I think has a minor injury.

Freshman Natalie Halfman was 2nd in the 600 yards and should be a strong sprinter for the Shocks this year.

Another freshman Rebekah Topham picked up where she left off in Cross Country to in the 1000m in a good time. Good to see some freshmen ready to contribute right away.

Ashley Petersen struggled with injury last year but an opening High Jump of 5-8 looks to put her at the top of the conference again. Her career best is 5-10.

Those were the main highlights, full results are here: https://www.tfrrs.org/results/42621_f.html

Friday they will compete in the aforementioned Kansas Triangular and Saturday will have their 'B' team compete at the Heskett in the Shocker Prelude.

Comment

Nice summary @gohsox74. I really appreciate your insights into the T&F program.

Here is the write-up from GoShockers.com

MANHATTAN, Kan.  --  Wichita State won 13 individual titles at the Kansas State Indoor Invitational Saturday inside Ahearn Fieldhouse.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 10, 2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
                Her sister didn't compete and I think has a minor injury.

Ashley Petersen struggled with injury last year but an opening High Jump of 5-8 looks to put her at the top of the conference again. Her career best is 5-10.
                I hope it's nothing serious for Nikki....on top of being an amazing championship athlete, I'm a big fan of the family. Really special people.

And if you aren't a fan of Ashley Petersen, there's something terribly wrong with you.

Comment

The Shocker women will be in Lawrence Friday to compete in the Kansas Triangular with KU and KSU. Last year the KSU women won with WSU finishing 2nd. I can confirm that Nikki Larch-Miller won't compete this weekend so the Shocks will be a little short handed but they still have a very strong team. Field events 3pm, running events 5pm.

Here is a preview on KU's website with a link to live results ... http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2016...113163032.aspx

The best place for updates is on the WSU T&F Twitter account @GoShockers:TFXC

Also, the Shocks will be in action at home Saturday at the Heskett Center against some non D-1 competition so come on out and watch some great T&F action in Lawrence and Wichita this weekend!

Comment

Can you say what injury Nikki is dealing with and when she might be back?

Comment

1972Shocker, not 100% sure, both Larch-Miller sisters have been fragile throughout their careers.

Without NLM, however, the ladies got beat by both KU and K-St Friday night in Lawrence. KU won with 128, KSU 125, WSU 95. There were still a lot of good performances that put the Shocks in good position in the MVC rankings. With the rest of the squad, the Shocker ladies easily won the Shocker Prelude at home on Saturday against four non-D1 schools.

Breanne Borman had a really good weekend with PR's in the 60m Hurdles and High Jump as well as a good Long Jump. She looks ready to defend her MVC Pentathlon title.

Jamesia Milton had another good couple of meets in the weight throw going 64 ft Friday night and over 62 on Saturday. Good consistency.

Freshman Rebekah Topham ran 4:58 in her first mile of the season. She is one to watch this year and into the future. Major talent.

Ashley Petersen had another solid weekend jumping around 5-7 on both days.

KU meet results-- https://www.tfrrs.org/results/42744.html

WSU meet results-- https://www.tfrrs.org/results/42036.html

Next weekend the Shocks are at Nebraska against Nebraska, Colorado St and Illinois St.

Comment

Shocker women #8 in Track & Field News' National Dual Meet Rankings. Notice all 3 Kansas schools in the top-10 ..... http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.p...rticle&id=2712

Comment

Track and Field is a beautiful sport when done this well in video (WSU-KU-KSU Highlights) ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2TB...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by goshox74 View Post
                            Track and Field is a beautiful sport when done this well in video (WSU-KU-KSU Highlights) ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2TB...ature=youtu.be
                            Really enjoyed it... great stuff!!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Coach Rainbolt Weekly Track & Field Review (1-20-16)

Comment

Working...
                              X