2016 Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Recruiting

Any ideas or rumors off who we are going after or what is high priority going into next year, alot of good talent out there

Been pretty quiet on the ladies front, gotta be some rumblings or new news in recruiting. Really feel the lady shox have a nice team and will make alot of noise come March, just want us to get some shooters,a penetrating pg and big body post players. Anybody have any insight?

Comment

Here's one:

Girlz Prep Report ‏@girlzprepreport
      @GoShockersWBB receive verbal from 6'1 G Kayla Williams from Memphis TN, Overton HS (Team Penny AAU) @CoachBGordon

Comment

Wow! A 6'1 guard, looks like we are putting in the work early. Ready to hear more great news come flooding in, Now lets get some lights out shooters and some post play bruisers down low to rebound and score for us. Thanx Royal!

Comment

Heard there was a 5'9 guard from texas that visited over the weekend and is being persued by a lot of high major profile universities and her name was gabby i think.....anyone else have anymore insite on this news???

Comment

Quiet on the ladies side,anyone heard anything far as recruitment?

Comment

Personally, as long as HCJA is still the coach, I could care less about the Shocker women's program or recruiting. Say what you will, but all my respect for the staff is gone. I can pretty much tell you why the Mattingly girl decommitted, but it's not hard to figure out. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                Personally, as long as HCJA is still the coach, I could care less about the Shocker women's program or recruiting. Say what you will, but all my respect for the staff is gone. I can pretty much tell you why the Mattingly girl decommitted, but it's not hard to figure out. That's all I have to say on the matter.
                We got it. No matter how many times you tell us "that's all you have to say on the matter."

Comment

Smh,some ppl....but hope there is some great recruiting news coming soon. Saw that we added some walkons to the team, hope to get some info on them and wat they will bring next year for us.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                    Three Banners in the rafters, that's all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
                      Three Banners in the rafters, that's all I have to say on the matter.
                      Yes, for some, the end justifies the means. Not so, with others. And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

Regardless of how people feel about Jody's past behavior, the notion that there is nothing she can do to regain support seems to me to be a horrible way to approach the situation (or any other like it). What motive is there to reform your behavior if nothing you do is good enough for your critics? It makes perfect sense to criticize for the purpose of causing reform. It makes no sense for that criticism to just become vindictiveness that doesn't care whether reform happens and exists merely to hate someone.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                          Regardless of how people feel about Jody's past behavior, the notion that there is nothing she can do to regain support seems to me to be a horrible way to approach the situation (or any other like it). What motive is there to reform your behavior if nothing you do is good enough for your critics? It makes perfect sense to criticize for the purpose of causing reform. It makes no sense for that criticism to just become vindictiveness that doesn't care whether reform happens and exists merely to hate someone.
                          I will respond to you Hatter as I greatly respect your posts. I was responding to the Banners in the Rafters thinking, not whether Jody can regain support. Jody's past behavior was over a number of years with situations (such as the recorded team meeting with ES) where she had opportunities and reason to change. I am not saying she cannot change and I hope she does, particularly for the girls. I will support the girls, however, it will take more than one off season to prove to me that Jody has changed. Frankly, it may take years of positive behavior by Jody for me to soften my feelings.

I was generally always in ES's corner when others on this board criticized him about one thing or another, but he had a roll in all this as well. Had he taken different actions a few years back, the last round of problems may not have occurred.

Comment

I was extremely upset when players told me about what was taking place and I was also upset when Jody kept her job. Our group of 7 adults and 5 shocker rockers (kids) debated renewing our season tickets. Ultimately we decided to, because we support the girls and all wsu athletics and enjoy or time together at games. I want the ladies to have a successful season and I'm a big fan of some of their new talent. However if Jody would have a poor season and move on it wouldn't break my heart. The team still has my support I'm just not a fan of the coach. Can she change that? Sure. Not saying it will be easy. I care more about the student athlete than winning banners. I think there's a way to take care of both and hopefully Jody can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                              I was extremely upset when players told me about what was taking place and I was also upset when Jody kept her job. Our group of 7 adults and 5 shocker rockers (kids) debated renewing our season tickets. Ultimately we decided to, because we support the girls and all wsu athletics and enjoy or time together at games. I want the ladies to have a successful season and I'm a big fan of some of their new talent. However if Jody would have a poor season and move on it wouldn't break my heart. The team still has my support I'm just not a fan of the coach. Can she change that? Sure. Not saying it will be easy. I care more about the student athlete than winning banners. I think there's a way to take care of both and hopefully Jody can do that.
                              THIS is perfect....good capturing of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X