Shocker Softball Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Softball Invitational

The Baseball team couldn't hack it today and have re-scheduled today's game as part of a Staturday double-header beginning at 1:00 PM.

Actually, I think that was a smart move. Nevertheless, the Ladies are toughing it out.

Shocks taking on South Dakota State. SDS scored a 1st inning run against Freshamn Brianna Smet, but Shocks responded with a 4-spot in the bottom half.

We need Brianna to eat up some innings so Ashley can be available for the 2-games vs Iowa State. Iowa State is 15-3, although their schedule has not been nearly as tough has the Shocks have faced this year.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Shocks hold on for a 5-3 win over South Dakota State on a chilly afternoon.

Brianna Smet goes 6.1 for the win. Ashley Bright gets the last two outs for the save.

Hopefully, we get a nice warming trend going tomorrow.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Meanwhile the Bluejays ran into a bit of a buzzsaw at Hillenbrand Stadium losing 6-0 and 15-1 to Arizona.

I'd say the Lady Shockers have an excellent chance of taking the Valley this year. Hopefully they can get to Oklahoma City this year.

Comment

The reason why the women played and not the men is that it has been scientifically proven that women as a whole and from a physical and physiological standpoint, tolerate temperature extremes far better then men do.

Men just can't hack it in extremes of temperatures. You can thank the Discovery channel for this bit of information :D

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
          The reason why the women played and not the men is that it has been scientifically proven that women as a whole and from a physical and physiological standpoint, tolerate temperature extremes far better then men do.

Men just can't hack it in extremes of temperatures. You can thank the Discovery channel for this bit of information :D
          That is a stunning, mind-boggling, and amazing statistic.

I appreciate that interesting tidbit of information.

Oh ya.. good job ladies. Sweep this thing!

:posterwu:
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here is my much less scientific reason as to why the Women played Friday.

They have 10 games in 3 days to get in for a full Tournament schedule.

In fact, they had already rescheduled the Tournament. Oringinally 4 games were scheduled for Friday and Saturday with 2 games on Sunday.

Due to the expected weather they pushed everything back by two games. Two games were played Friday, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

In any case, all 4 teams experienced the nippy weather on Friday as Iowas State beat UMKC 7-0. prior to the Shockers victory of SDSU.

Hopefully, today is significantly more comfortable.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I like my women to keep me warm! :D
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shockers hold on to defeat Iowa State 7-4.

Ashley Bright going all the way in the circle for the Shockers breaking her own school record with 15 K's.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Shocker internet radio combined with game tracker > freezing your twig and berries off at C. Howard Wilkins Stadium.

Lady Shockers run their record to 15-7 (6 in a row) with a win over UMKC.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Shocks fall to Iowa State today 8-0.

:(

Comment

Lady Shocks beat UMKC 7-0. It was nice to see Caley Roberts (form South Africa via Butler CC) get in the game and make a big time diving catch in right field.
                      :good:
                      Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Also nice to see Freshman Brianna Smet with a nice 2-hit complete game shut out of the Kangaroos.

Comment

1972: Where do you find the time to follow all of these different Shocker sports? (I'm amazed!!)
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The 8-0 shutout at the hands of ISU is puzzling, especially with our ace in the circle.

This team can really compete against a lot of teams but seems to lack a bit of consistency.

However, they do seem to be improved a lot from last year and the new talent looks good.

We need to get a few "ones" in our corner with a 9-10 in basketball if we expect to get one for the thumb in the All Valley, HOWEVER, with 2 titles already and a really good chance of a 1 or 2 in baseball, softball, womens tennis and mens golf, and a decent outdoor track season (should be better than indoor imho) things still don't look too bad.

So far we have a 1,1,6,3,4,9 & 10. 34/7=4.86 average. Not good enough so far but I would speculate that we could finish 1(bball)2(softball)1,6 (m/w golf)3,3 (m/w T&F) 5,2 (m/w tennis). 57/15=3.8 That might be good enough to get the win.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                              1972: Where do you find the time to follow all of these different Shocker sports? (I'm amazed!!)
                              Yeah, I love Shocker sports, but I probably should cut back.

Comment

Working...
                              X