Clear All

• Vote for Alex Harden for WNBA All Star

Just retweet this tweet

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    Done!!
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Alex still getting 20 minutes or so per game. In the Mercury's 84-72 win over Seattle Alex had 3 blocked shots.

A couple of nice highlights for Alex. At the beginning of the 2 minute highlight video Alex got a rebound, drove down the court into the lane then kicked the ball out to Cayla Francis from a 3-pointers. Late in the game with about 3:40 to play they show one of Alex's 3 blocked shots helping Phoenix to put the game away.

Alex also had the second highest +/- in the game at +16 behind Noelle Quinn's +18 (both off the bench for the Mercury).

Not sure Alex is WNBA All-Star worthy at this point but she is doing very, very well for a player who did not expect to be drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        http://www.wnba.com/game/20150621/PHOSEA/

Alex still getting 20 minutes or so per game. In the Mercury's 84-72 win over Seattle Alex had 3 blocked shots.

A couple of nice highlights for Alex. At the beginning of the 2 minute highlight video Alex got a rebound, drove down the court into the lane then kicked the ball out to Cayla Francis from a 3-pointers. Late in the game with about 3:40 to play they show one of Alex's 3 blocked shots helping Phoenix to put the game away.

Alex also had the second highest +/- in the game at +16 behind Noelle Quinn's +18 (both off the bench for the Mercury).

Not sure Alex is WNBA All-Star worthy at this point but she is doing very, very well for a player who did not expect to be drafted.
        I completely agree with this take on Alex's current status. I don't expect for her to make the team. That being said, a few more votes than expected here could get her a little more respect and recognition as far as making the all rookie squad.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          I completely agree with this take on Alex's current status. I don't expect for her to make the team. That being said, a few more votes than expected here could get her a little more respect and recognition as far as making the all rookie squad.
          Maybe, but I doubt it. Personally, I don't care for or really put any stock in fan voting for All-Stars. Those votes have very little if anything to do with performance. (And you won't find a bigger Alex Harden fan than I am.)

Look at MLB Baseball especially this year.
          Seven Royals -- seven! -- are in line to start the All-Star Game, and that's just a few too many. Here are some ideas to improve MLB's flawed voting system.

At least in the WNBA I don't think the All-Star game has any real impact. In MLB they are trying to determine home field advantage in the World Series (although I'm not sure I am totally wild about that concept either).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Maybe, but I doubt it. Personally, I don't care for or really put any stock in fan voting for All-Stars. Those votes have very little if anything to do with performance. (And you won't find a bigger Alex Harden fan than I am.)

Look at MLB Baseball especially this year.
            Seven Royals -- seven! -- are in line to start the All-Star Game, and that's just a few too many. Here are some ideas to improve MLB's flawed voting system.

At least in the WNBA I don't think the All-Star game has any real impact. In MLB they are trying to determine home field advantage in the World Series (although I'm not sure I am totally wild about that concept either).
            I agree again. All Star voting should be done by competitors and coaches, so it's a more realistic measure of the player rather than simply a popularity contest. I doubt that the added votes will sway anything one way or another, but someone that hadn't paid any attention to her before may if they see that she is getting votes. And, it took me all of about 12 seconds to find and retweet, so either way it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X