WBB: NCAA Selection Show Watch Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB: NCAA Selection Show Watch Party

The public is invited to join the Lady Shocks for an NCAA Selection Show watch party this evening in the Koch Arena Champion's Club.

WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State women's basketball team will host a NCAA Selection Show watch party on Mon., March 16 in the Champions Club inside Charles Koch Arena.

Should be a festive gathering if you can make it.

Any chance we go to Iowa City?

Comment

That didn't take long. The Shocks are a #13 seed playing at #4 seed California in Berkeley.

California Roster

California Stats

Comment

As suspected, the selection committee has no clue how to seed a tournament.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Arkansas goes 17-13, has an RPI that is two spots worse than WSU and gets a 10 seed.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What a joke. Zero chance this team was deserving of a 13 seed.

With that said, Cal is extremely beatable and I think the Ladies have a terrific shot at pulling it off. 4-6 vs. Top 50 teams and losses outside the Top 100 to KU and Long Beach screams vulnerable.

Cheers to Jody and crew ruining the home folks' weekend in Berkeley.

Comment

Ridiculous, looks like we had absolutely no chance of making it in without winning the Valley tournament.

Comment

It is going to be hard to retain a top coach with crap like this. People complain about no parity in women's basketball and stuff like this is probably a big reason why it is the way that it is. Undefeated Princeton got an 8 seed, that's way worse than our screw job.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    It is going to be hard to retain a top coach with crap like this. People complain about no parity in women's basketball and stuff like this is probably a big reason why it is the way that it is. Undefeated Princeton got an 8 seed, that's way worse than our screw job.
                    Agreed. Also Quinnipiac with 31 wins and #25 in the RPI only getting a 12 seed.

Comment

How is Miami, who has a 19-12 record, a #65 RPI and a 2-8 record on the road get an 11 seed?

Comment

I love how ESPN is talking about how great Ohio State is, but apparently our win over them doesn't mean anything.

Comment

It is going to be hard to retain a top coach with crap like this.
                          That was one of my first thoughts too. How can we even hope of keeping Jody with crap like this?

Comment

That might be the biggest seeding screw job in history. Princeton is 9-0 (!!!!) against the Top 100 and 3-0 against the Top 50. It's not like those gals played something akin to 30 games against SWAC level competition.

It would never happen but honestly that kind of **** deserves a boycott against participation. Imagine if our men had received an 8 seed last year (insert comment about how tough our region was here, I know, but come on).

Comment

It's beginning to look like the NCAA unable to catch teams like WSU that build success in a scandal of any sort, will resort to unfair seeding in an attempt to get the coaches to move on to P5 schools. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X