No announcement yet.

New B-Ball Coach Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather not have a retread. How about Jackie Stiles?

Comment

Great lady who has finally made Wichita her home but not coaching material, at least yet. Into the personal training field.

Comment

since i apparently annoy one poster, i 'll whisper this.....jim littell.....

Comment

just win baby!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Anyone catch the attendance figures? Avg 552 at first to 4495 in the end.

Good to look at, but way way way too much baggage to be looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Besides, I'll take our volleyball team every day and twice on Sunday.
              Reward success. Support WSU Volleyball!!
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

And I will support VB by going to a couple of matches a year. But I'd much rather support basketball. A competitive team and coach will get people there. If all things were equal, I'm choosing basketball. Even if they're not equal, but basketball can be competitive, I'm choosing basketball.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd suggest Brandon Schneider from Emporia State, or Ron McHenry at Washburn. The latter has a national title to his name.

Comment

Why would we want Jackie Stiles? She lived in Kansas and shoved up her nose at the opportunity to PLAY at WSU and went to SMS instead; however, not that she gets PAID to support WSU she's all of a sudden "in love with the city of Wichita". I don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUfan1975
                      Why would we want Jackie Stiles? She lived in Kansas and shoved up her nose at the opportunity to PLAY at WSU and went to SMS instead; however, not that she gets PAID to support WSU she's all of a sudden "in love with the city of Wichita". I don't buy it.
                      IIRC, she went to SMS mainly to play for her high school coach who was an assistant there. Maybe it was one of those questionable recruiting hires, I don't know. But at the time I don't think the WSU program was in any position to attract a player of her caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        Originally posted by WSUfan1975
                        IIRC, she went to SMS mainly to play for her high school coach who was an assistant there. Maybe it was one of those questionable recruiting hires, I don't know. But at the time I don't think the WSU program was in any position to attract a player of her caliber.
                        Plus SMS had already had a Final 4 appearance prior to Jackie and a pretty good tradition going not to mention 7,000-8,000 fans per game attendance.

I'm sure Jackie probably attended Coach Burnett's summer camps and built a real relationship with Coach Burnett.

Besides not only did she spurn WSU, she also spurned Kansas and K-State.

Personally, I like Jackie and I enjoyed her color commentary on the two games she did this year.

Comment

I get your point about her passing on Kansas and K-State (although we are WSU fans so who cares about them?); however, I am in full support of the girls who work(ed) their tails off for our program, not those who did so for one of our biggest rivals (SMS).

QUOTE: "Plus SMS had already had a Final 4 appearance prior to Jackie and a pretty good tradition going not to mention 7,000-8,000 fans per game attendance. " END QUOTE:

In my opinion, if one is so "in love" with their "home town" then they should be more concerned about helping out their home team rather than personal glory.

That's neither here nor there....I'm ready for the future now and ready to get back into the win column more often!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

A lot has to do with the situations though. Maybe she didn't like the WSU coach and wouldn't have enjoyed playing here? I know she had a very good relationship with the SMS people while in HS. Maybe there was something offered academically at SMS that we couldn't provide. Maybe she wanted a shot at playing after college and thought SMS was a better opportunity for that than WSU. Maybe........
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                            X