Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jayhawks wishing that Jody Adams would come be their coach. Priceless!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayhawks wishing that Jody Adams would come be their coach. Priceless!

Nothing better than watching the Jayhawks realize that your coach/program already has what they want.

My knowledge of the women’s college basketball coaching world is limited, but now that Kansas has an opening, I have started asking a lot of questions and doing some research in order to blog about potential candidates. It’s important to understand that by writing about coaches, I’m not saying KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger is […]
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Be careful. I have worries about this offseason with Jody...more so than our other head basketball coach.
    78-65

Comment

Jody has pretty solid compensation package at Wichita State. Not sure whether the KU job would be that attractive to her nor not. Personally, I would think that, if she does want to make a move, it would be to get closer to her roots in Tennessee. I see her biding her time for either a SEC or ACC job that would put her in the South and closer to home. I think Jody, like 3G is in a position where she can be picky.

However, there is little doubt that she will be on some radar screens based on her track record of building the program at Wichita State. I guess you never know when someone will put together a financial package that is just too good to pass up. Also Jody may never be hotter than she is right now.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know what HCJA makes in contrast the what the KU coached made?
        It's one thing comparing $2m vs $2.4m which helps HCGM decide on choosing "happy"
        Making an additional $400k and being miserable is a pretty easy choice.

However, the difference actually might seem larger between $180k and $250k-$300k relatively speaking.
        Adding a huge percentage increase to your salary might entice you to take a chance on being miserable.
        Would hate to see JA leave.

Comment

Here is Jody's current deal:

So Jody will be at about $250,000 next year with a $400,000 annuity earned if she stays through the 2018-19 season. She owes a $70,000 buyout if she leaves which is not really a significant obstacle.

Hendrickson was making about $500,000 per year so I don't see the annuity Jody is scheduled to receive as being a huge inducement for her to stay at WSU in the event on of the big girl programs offer her a half of mil. BTW, Hendrickson had a $395,000 buyout built into her contract.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

KU beat writer Tom Keegan weighs in on coaching candidates for KU.

The Kansas University athletic department is in the beginning stages of another coaching search, this time for a women’s basketball coach.As with any fantasy GM and/or real athletic director, I have a list of five names of potential candidates in my pocket.

Jody not mentioned.

Comment

What worries me is that this team seems to be built for the one big shot now to make noise in the NCAA Tournament. It is well-documented that Jody had a short bench this year with little/no development for next year's returners. If there was ever a time for Jody to get the big contract from a Power 5 school, now might be that time.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                What worries me is that this team seems to be built for the one big shot now to make noise in the NCAA Tournament. It is well-documented that Jody had a short bench this year with little/no development for next year's returners. If there was ever a time for Jody to get the big contract from a Power 5 school, now might be that time.
                Not sure the team was intentionally built that way but that is what is has morphed into. Jody did have a couple of player losses beyond her control that probably hurt our depth this year with Ashley Ivy, the Heights product via Butler County, not being eligible and Anna Khmelevskaya who returned home to Russia to help care for her sister who was injured in a car accident.

Nevertheless I agree with your point. The iron may be about as hot as it is going to get for Jody.

Comment

I hate to see the momentum broken within the athletic department coaching ranks; just "pay the lady!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I hate to see the momentum broken within the athletic department coaching ranks; just "pay the lady!"
                    There are limits to how much you are going to pay a Coach for a team that draws 2,100 fans per game (I am excluding the Schoolhouse Rocks game) with average ticket prices probably around $5.00 per game.

Comment

John Ontjes needs one of the two jobs. KU or WSU if Adams were to move on. What he's done at HCC is incredible (two consecutive undefeated regular seasons). He helped coach a few practices for one of my son's YMCA teams 8 years ago and I was impressed.

Comment

My guess is if Jody is at WSU next year, John will be at KU, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          There are limits to how much you are going to pay a Coach for a team that draws 2,100 fans per game (I am excluding the Schoolhouse Rocks game) with average ticket prices probably around $5.00 per game.
                          Sorry, my math skills rival Darrell's...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

All day long.

Comment

My fear with Jody is that she finds herself in the same position as Gregg at Winthrop. Good teams but low RPI league resulting in reduced NCAA opportunities. She may feel a move is necessary just as Gregg did.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X