X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terre Haute Trib Star Game Article

W
    ichita Eagle Game Mention
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 8, 2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I suppose it is just a subset of high BBIQ but I really marvel at how well Alex is able to play when in foul trouble. Saturday's game with Indiana State being a prime and perhaps extreme example.

One other off the wall thought. I like the symmetry of Alex wearing #24. Seems like the Shocks had a #42 who was a fair to middlin' player for the Shocker men.

Comment

Congratulations to Michaela Dapprich for being honored as the Valley Player of the Week.

WICHITA, Kan. -- Junior forward Michaela Dapprich has been named the Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Week, it was announce by the conference office today.

Well deserved. Michaela in particular stepped up on Saturday at Indiana State with Alex in foul trouble and Jamillah nursing an injury.

Michaela certainly seems to like this time of the year. She has consistently played her best basketball at the end of the year in all 3 years as a Shocker.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 11, 2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I suppose it is just a subset of high BBIQ but I really marvel at how well Alex is able to play when in foul trouble. Saturday's game with Indiana State being a prime and perhaps extreme example.

One other off the wall thought. I like the symmetry of Alex wearing #24. Seems like the Shocks had a #42 who was a fair to middlin' player for the Shocker men.
          #24, Willie Mays, my all time favorite baseball player, whoops, the old guy is digressing. I listened to Jody's radio show last night, but it kept cutting out. I did get to listen to one piece on Alex when radio guy, Steve was raving about Alex. Jody put in perspective that Alex is great, but couldn't do it without her teammates screening for her, getting her the ball, knowing when and how she likes her passes, etc. She also commented on Michaela coming through, then was in foul trouble and she told Kelsey she is the "Glue" but now she is the go to player, so Kelsey goes for 16, then Alie makes a great defensive stop when we needed her; defense is not Alie's strong suit. This is how champions play and work as a team. No other Shox women's team has done this. Alex is great and her teammates know it, and want her to dominate when needed. Not all teams do this as some players want their own individual success. Let's win the MVC tourney so the knot-head voters don't have a chance to leave us out of the NCAA playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
            Jody put in perspective that Alex is great, but couldn't do it without her teammates screening for her, getting her the ball, knowing when and how she likes her passes, etc. Alex is great and her teammates know it, and want her to dominate when needed. Not all teams do this as some players want their own individual success.
            A good set of observations and comments. OTOH, Alex is also very good at making her teammates better. In fact, that is another one of her strengths. As I have said before one of Alex's weaknesses may be that she is too unselfish. There is no question that a strong team concept is the key to making that team stronger than the sum of its parts. And I think the Shockers have that concept working for them with this group.

Comment

A good set of observations and comments. OTOH, Alex is also very good at making her teammates better. In fact, that is another one of her strengths. As I have said before one of Alex's weaknesses may be that she is too unselfish. There is no question that a strong team concept is the key to making that team stronger than the sum of its parts. And I think the Shockers have that concept working for them with this group.
              We speak the same language. I believe Alex has recognized in recent games, she just needs to take the game over. With that mind-set, her teammates are rewarded in a number of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                We speak the same language. I believe Alex has recognized in recent games, she just needs to take the game over. With that mind-set, her teammates are rewarded in a number of ways.
                I think maybe Jody has been pushing Alex to be more aggressive (although we need Alex to stay out of foul trouble). I'm not sure that comes real naturally for Alex.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 10, 2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I think maybe Jody has been pushing Alex to be more aggressive (although we need Alex to stay out of foul trouble). I'm not sure that come real naturally for Alex.
                  Though Jody said she is taking care of her team this week with bumps fatigue etc on her radio show. They're going double days this week. I supppsed they're used to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X