WBB: Shocks Host Drake - Friday at 7:00pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 point win. Nice job ladies!

Go Shocks! I believe Harden needs 6 points to be the all-time career points leader.
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Go Shocks! I believe Harden needs 6 points to be the all-time career points leader.
      :wsu_posters::applause::wsu_posters:

Comment

I hope any discussion of who's the best player in the league is O-V-E-R.

Alex is so much better and more complete, on about 1000 levels, than Lizzy that they should not only give her this year's MVP trophy, they should make Kyndal present last year's trophy to Alex as well.

DOMINATING.

Well done ladies.

Comment

I have Alex at 1,582 after tonight. Allison Daniels is at 1,638. 56 to tie. But that is not what makes Alex great. It is the her outstanding all-around ability. Check out her stats here: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...575#post546575

I will update them for tonight's game in a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I hope any discussion of who's the best player in the league is O-V-E-R.

Alex is so much better and more complete, on about 1000 levels, than Lizzy that they should not only give her this year's MVP trophy, they should make Kyndal present last year's trophy to Alex as well.

DOMINATING.

Well done ladies.
            I more or less said the same thing to those around me at the end of tonight's game. The thing about Alex is she is such an unselfish team first player. Lizzy Wendell is a nice playe especially as a sophomore and she probably will win a POY or 2 before she is done but she simply is not in the same area code as Alex.

Not only should Alex win the POY this year she should also be named the Defensive POY again. Although with the way the Valley of Even operates they will probably feel obligate to give the Defensive POY to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I have Alex at 1,582 after tonight. Allison Daniels is at 1,638. 56 to tie. But that is not what makes Alex great. It is the her outstanding all-around ability. Check out her stats here: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...575#post546575

I will update them for tonight's game in a little bit.
              i obviously completely misheard the ESPN3 commentators. My apologies. Thank you for the clarification.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

i obviously completely misheard the ESPN3 commentators. My apologies. Thank you for the clarification.
                I was at the game and did not hear the announcers but you may or may not have misheard them. The Eagle had the wrong numbers in the paper recently as well.

Alex has a miminum of 5 games remaining in her career. I think she will get there. But again her total package is much more impressive than just her scoring. Not only that but she has been the best defensive player in the Valley for 3 years and she has been the undisputed leader of this team the past 2 years.

Nice crowd tonight. I hope we have a really big crowd out Sunday for her, Kelsey and Jamillah although it probably won't happen.

Comment

Well the Lady Shocks certainly set the tone for the weekend with a performance that will be hard to top.

Early on it looked like it was going to be a real struggle but once they started knocking down the shots and got the defense into high gear they simply dominated Drake.

We pretty much know Alex will show up every game, but how about Jaleesa Chapel. She kind of had her coming out party at SIU last Sunday and you could see that her confidence level had mushroomed. It is so nice to finally get some production off the bench. Hopefully, the light bulb has come on for Jaleesa because she can be a huge help to this team if she can continue to play the way she has the past two games.

Comment

Nice crowd tonight.
                    The Shocker game report says 2854.

Comment

Other Scores

Missouri State 72-70 Northern Iowa

Bradley 66-72 Southern Illinois

Evansville 53-71 Indiana State

Loyola 67-53 Illinois State

Comment

I just am getting home from the game and wanted to thanks all of those that got out and were well rewarded with a great performance tonight. I'm excited for Jaleesa as well. I told her way back at the beginning of the season that I hoped she'd stay out of the doghouse because i really liked watching her play. She said she'd try and laughed.
                        I think Alex is so far superior to anybody playing on any other squads in the Valley it's not even close as to who's the MVP.

Comment

Alex could probably start for half the Valley men's teams.

I have seen all the teams play and she is so far ahead of the next four it isn't funny

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                            Other Scores

Missouri State 72-70 Northern Iowa

Bradley 66-72 Southern Illinois

Evansville 53-71 Indiana State

Loyola 67-53 Illinois State
                            UNI with a pretty good game tonight in a loss at MSU. Shocks get then on Sunday.

Don't tell me Indiana State is going to start playing well again just in time to host the Shockers next weekend.

Comment

BTW, the Shocks put 5 in double figures tonight. They have come close a couple of times but I think that may have been the 1st time they have done that this year.

Alex played 38 minutes tonight as did Kelsey while Jamillah played 37 minutes. Alex has now played 275 of 280 minutes in the last 7 games.

Wichita Eagle game article.

Des Moines Register game article.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 27, 2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

BTW, the Shocks put 5 in double figures tonight. They have come close a couple of times but I think that may have been the 1st time they have done that this year.

Alex played 38 minutes tonight as did Kelsey while Jamillah played 37 minutes. Alex has now played 275 of 280 minutes in the last 7 games.

Wichita Eagle game article.

Des Moines Register game article.
                                Just a great performance both defensively and offensively. Five in doubles with Chapel continuing her fine play. I have no doubt we'll honor our seniors with a nice win and then, we just can't stumble on the road. Alex, JB and Kelsey look driven to keep their seasons going and winning for quite some time. Go Shox!

Comment

Working...
                                X