WBB: Shocks Host Drake - Friday at 7:00pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB: Shocks Host Drake - Friday at 7:00pm

In what could not possibly be a better warm-up to Saturday's Game Day and UNI festivities the Lady Shocks (22-4, 13-1) take on Drake (17-7, 13-1) for sole possession of 1st place with 3 games remaining on the regular season schedule.

The Lady Shocks seemingly had the game in Des Moines more or less in had but failed to execute down the stretch, while Drake did, and the Shocks lost that game 61-64.

This game is fairly simple to analyze. It is the Shockers league-leading defense and Drake's league leading offense and who is most successful at imposing their will on the other and making the fewest mistakes.

The Shocks could really use the energy of a big and supportive crowd.

Wichita Eagle Pre-Game Article

:poster_shocks:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 26, 2015, 09:00 PM.

It would be really tremendous if we had a large turnout for this game. Go Shocks!!

Wichita State Women's Basketball battles for the Missouri Valley Conference lead vs Drake this Friday, February 27 @ 7pm.And join us for Senior send-off on S...
    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; February 26, 2015, 09:02 PM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      In what could not possibly be a better warm-up to Saturday's Game Day and UNI festivities the Lady Shocks (22-4, 13-1) take on Drake (17-7, 13-1) for sole possession of 1st place with 3 games remaining on the regular season schedule.

The Lady Shocks seemingly had the game in Des Moines more or less in had but failed to execute down the stretch, while Drake did, and the Shocks lost that game 61-64.

This game is fairly simple to analyze. It is the Shockers league-leading defense and Drake's league leading offense and who is most successful at imposing their will on the other and making the fewest mistakes.

The Shocks could really use the energy of a big and supportive crowd.

Wichita Eagle Pre-Game Article

:poster_shocks:
      I know I've been beating the "dead horse" with how tired the team is, but they are tired. I'm pleased they backed off double day practices this week. I do know the starters for the men's team will take a day off and spend time in the training room while the rest of the team practices. Gregg is a real proponent of rest and knows how beat up his guys are at this time of the year. HCJA knows one speed. But, we have proven we can play at the end of the year with great energy, so I hope this weekend is no exception. Let's sweep the weekend, Shox!

Comment

Our defense is just killing Drake right now. After a slow start Shocks are up 14-11 with 11 mins to go in 1st half.

Comment

How is the student attendance?

Comment

Very nice crowd. Good student turn out. Any that did not go to the game it is live on ESPN3. No blackout.

Comment

Shockers doing a great job attacking the 2-3 zone.

Comment

39-27 at half. Shockers poured it on in the 2nd half of the 1st half. Our defense has really been tough. Forced many TO's and blocked shots.

Comment

I finally sat down and am ready to catch the 2nd half. It's nice getting to see them on ESPN3.

Comment

The ladies are playing killer D and leading 55-34 with 12 to play. Harden has 21.

Go Shocks!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Drake is pretty much discombobulated and the Shockers are ripping them to shreds.

57-34 with 11 mins to go.

Comment

Drake making a run but Shocks are starting to make some buckets to slow/stop the Drake run. 60-45 7:30 to play.

Comment

65-45 6 minutes

Comment

71-50 4:03 to play.

Go Shocks!

Comment

This is the beatdown I've been looking forward to since that snowy Sunday in Des Moines

Comment

Working...
                              X