WBB: Shocks Hosting Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB: Shocks Hosting Sam Houston State

The Lady Shocks (8-3) host Sam Houston State (1-8) on Sunday at 2:00pm in their final non-conference match of the season. The Shocks will have been off for 8 days since playing last Saturday and they need a warm-up prior to opening conference play on January 2nd in a key game against Indiana State who has the best non-con record and RPI in the conference.

I don't expect much resistance from SHS and the Shocks should have abundant opportunities to get some game experience for the bench. However, Jody also needs to make sure her starters are sharp and ready to go for the big upcoming game with Indiana State.

SHS is near the bottom of the Women's RPI at 320. Their only win of the season was a 7-point home win over Texas Southern (3-7). They lost a 2-point home game to #339 Florida A&M. Their other 7 losses were by an of 19.3 PPG including a 17 point loss to NAIA Wiley College.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The Lady Shocks (8-3) host Sam Houston State (1-8) on Sunday at 2:00pm in their final non-conference match of the season. The Shocks will have been off for 8 days since playing last Saturday and they need a warm-up prior to opening conference play on January 2nd in a key game against Indiana State who has the best non-con record and RPI in the conference.

I don't expect much resistance from SHS and the Shocks should have abundant opportunities to get some game experience for the bench. However, Jody also needs to make sure her starters are sharp and ready to go for the big upcoming game with Indiana State.

SHS is near the bottom of the Women's RPI at 320. Their only win of the season was a 7-point home win over Texas Southern (3-7). They lost a 2-point home game to #339 Florida A&M. Their other 7 losses were by an of 19.3 PPG including a 17 point loss to NAIA Wiley College.
    I heard Alex is out today. Very sick. Kelsey is sick, but will play. Bonner just out of the dog house. We need our bench and hopefully we're all healthy for Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
      I heard Alex is out today. Very sick. Kelsey is sick, but will play. Bonner just out of the dog house. We need our bench and hopefully we're all healthy for Friday.
      Jamillah is very sick as well. Says she is going to play though.

Comment

Shocks cruise to an easy 70-46 win over Sam Houston State despite not having Alex available. Not a great time to have illness hit the team with Indiana State coming in next Friday to open Valley play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Shocks cruise to an easy 70-46 win over Sam Houston State despite not having Alex available. Not a great time to have illness hit the team with Indiana State coming in next Friday to open Valley play.
          Many of the Lady Shox are ill. Alex is the worst and hopefully antibiotics can knock it out of her system. Indiana State is a very nice team. I'm pleased Alie is still knocking down threes. Our 6-3 shot blocker is improving and actually showed a little touch, once. One shot almost flew over the glass, but if shed shoots 2 feet and in, she'll be fine. Kayla is lost, not happy on the bench and Jody is not happy with her. Chapel had 10, perhaps her high for her career, but way too many silly turnovers. We need Alex and a healthy bench. As Jody said on radio, Alex, Kelsey and Bonner show up in big games in a big way. hopefully this is true Friday.

Comment

Eagle game article

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              Sam Houston probably wasn't a decent NAIA school. Indiana State will be very tough. I haven't heard the status of Alex, but do know she has been very ill and I'm sure it will knock her down a bit, so we need some bench. Four players in double figures, solid rebounding and limiting turnovers and fouls will do the trick no matter how well Indiana State plays.

Comment

Working...
              X