At the Lady Vols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the Lady Vols

Nice article in today's Eagle. It was nice to see Jody express her learning curve and seeking advice from Coach Summit in her first few years at WSU trying to balance driving the girls and caring for them. I think she's done better, but still is incredibly tough. She just can't afford to lose players. The game will be on the SEC network. Great opport WSU.

Good luck to the Lady Shocks because I think they will definitely need it on the road at Tennessee. Tennessee simply has too much size and too much depth for the Shocks to have much of a chance in this game. I am anticipating a 30 to 40 point beatdown at the hands of the Lady Vols. If we play them within 15 points I will consider that a very strong showing by the Lady Shocks.

The main thing is we play hard and smart and we avoid any injuries. Hopefully, the Shocks will enjoy the experience of playing a team of this caliber.

Comment

How about them Shockers???!!!!!!

16-12 Shocks at the under 12.

Direct TV Channel 611

Comment

I may have been totally off. Alie Decker is on fire hitting all 4 of her FG attempts, 3 of which were treys. for 11 points and the Shocks lead 16-12 9 minutes into the game.

Comment

Lady Shocks making me look like an idiot (not hard to do) and I love it. Shocks trail #11 Tennessee by only 3 at the half 31-28. Tennessee hit a 3-pointer with 10 seconds in the half to go up 31-25 but Alex answered that with a 3-pointer at the buzzer to keep the Shocks within one possession at the half.

Holding the Lady Vols to 31 for the half in their barn is pretty impressive especially considering Tennessee won the battle of the boards 24-13 including a 10-2 advantage on the offensive boards.

Alie lead the way for he Shocks with her early 11 points and Alex chipped in 11 points.

It will be interesting to see how the Shocks hold up over 40 minutes as Jody only played 6 players in the 1st half with only Jaleesa Chapel seeing court time off of the bench. Tennessee played 9 players in the 1st half.

No real foul trouble for either team. In fact, the Shocks did not get to the line in the 1st half.

The Shocks knocking down 6 of 12 from behind the arc has helped. Alie with 3 of those and Alex, Jamillah and Kelsey with 1 each.

Comment

Nice half for the ladies. 6-12 from 3. Only down by 3 at half--31-28. Great showing so far at a tough place to play.

Comment

Vols 37 - Shocks 30 with 15 minutes to go. Shocks hanging tough. A couple of 3-pointers and they can put a lot of pressure on the Lady Vols.

Heading out to Koch Arena.

Good luck Shocks.

Comment

Ladies down 4 with 9 minutes to go second half. Dapprich with 4 fouls though

Comment

Still a 6 point game with 4 1/2 to go. Hang tough ladies.

Burdick is an animal on the glass--16 boards.

Comment

Tennessee 54-51 Shockers

Just back to the house. A number of video clips of Shocker scores can be found here.

Comment

That is one helluva an effort by the Lady Shocks. I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hades of being in this game. Thank for proving me totally wrong Ladies.

Says a lot about the character and toughness of this group of young ladies.

Comment

Hard to believe a team that can battle the #11 team in the country (and arguably the best all time program in women's basketball) for 40 minutes in a 1 possession game can also get hammered at Eastern Washington by 30.

Also didn't expect when I saw last night's SCTop10 that I'd see the Shocks....except it would be the ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Hard to believe a team that can battle the #11 team in the country (and arguably the best all time program in women's basketball) for 40 minutes in a 1 possession game can also get hammered at Eastern Washington by 30.

Also didn't expect when I saw last night's SCTop10 that I'd see the Shocks....except it would be the ladies.
                          We shot 2 freethrows. They shot 22. It was 10-0 on fouls im second half until they were called with 3:00 to go. Alex hammered on drive we're down one and tje called charge Nd fouled Alex out. The second half officiating was disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            ... last night's SCTop10 that I'd see the Shocks....except it would be the ladies.
                            Do you have a link? I looked but could not find anything.

Comment

Is there a replay of this game available anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X