Arkansas Pine Bluff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Pine Bluff

APB doesn't look too big. I will give them credit; they play some tough teams in the pre-season. I probably won't attend as the screaming kids gets a bit old. K-State will be a test as of course will Tennessee. I hope Jody doesn't let her ego get in the way and use a man defense even if we get beat on cuts. Our extended 3-2 is very effective. We proved this in our last two games in the Virgin Islands. If we used it in Washington, we may have had a chance; the same for Florida Gulf Coast.

Certainly is not a game worth taking off time from work for and even if I could not sure I would want to subject myself to the screeching. The SWAC is easily the worst D-1 basketball conference in the nation. The SWAC men are 5-55 so far this year and the women are 4-48.

APB's only win is against NAIA Philander Smith College and they have also lost to NAIA Talladega College. They have a current RPI of 328 which does not even factor in the loss to Talladega.

This game is of little value to the Shockers outside of giving Jody an opportunity to develop her bench a little bit although it remains to be seen to what extent that will happen.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 4, 2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Certainly is not a game worth taking off time from work for and even if I could not sure I would want to subject myself to the screeching. The SWAC is easily the worst D-1 basketball conference in the nation. The SWAC men are 5-55 so far this year and the women are 4-48.

APB's only win is against NAIA Philander Smith College and they have also lost to NAIA Talladega College. They have a current RPI of 328 which does not even factor in the loss to Talladega.

This game is of little value to the Shockers outside of giving Jody an opportunity to develop her bench a little bit although it remains to be seen to what extent that will happen.
      Looking at the Go Shockers web site it appears we've been spanking APB for quite some time and have yet to play on their court. Hopefully we continue this trend and we work some bugs out and get some more experience for the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
        Looking at the Go Shockers web site it appears we've been spanking APB for quite some time and have yet to play on their court. Hopefully we continue this trend and we work some bugs out and get some more experience for the bench.
        One reason the SWAC's non-con record is so bad is they play very few of their non-con games at home. These schools simply are not in a position to negotiate home-and-home deals plus they need the financial boost they get from taking one-way buy games from bigger schools. The SWAC schools are strictly sellers when it comes to non-con games.

I guess if you are going to have the annual Schoolhouse Screamfest Game this is the kind of opponent you want. The Season ticket holders don't care that much if they miss this game. You are all but guaranteed to win for the school kids. You can work on some things and give your bench more floor time. The cost is whatever it costs to buy the game plus a hit to your RPI.

Comment

Halftime: Shocks 27 - UAPB 16

Shocks were horrible on offense for 18 minutes and needed a 9-0 run over the final 2 minutes of the half to make the score what it is.

I would expect the Shockers to play better in the 2nd half.

Unfortunately, the Shocks were unable to play the bench much in the 1st half.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 5, 2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Final: Wichita State 55 - UAPB 26

Good defensive effort by the Shocks. Offensively, Alex, Jamillah and Michaela lead the way scoring 48 of the Shockers 55 points 18 of 34 shooting (52.9%). Unfortunately, only two other Shockers scored. Kesley had 5 and Alie 2 and outside of the Big 3 the rest of the team shot 2 of 24 from the field (8.3%).

Alex finished with a 20 point, 11 rebound double-double.

Good enough to beat Pine Bluff. Probably not good enough to beat K-State coming up next Friday and not good enough to be a lot of teams on our schedule.

The 5 bench players played 47 minutes but contributed little to nothing. Brittney Martin played the least with 6 minutes and while she did grab 3 rebounds in those minutes she also committed 4 fouls and had 1 turnover.

Comment

Final: Wichita State 55 - UAPB 26

Good defensive effort by the Shocks. Offensively, Alex, Jamillah and Michaela lead the way scoring 48 of the Shockers 55 points 18 of 34 shooting (52.9%). Unfortunately, only two other Shockers scored. Kesley had 5 and Alie 2 and outside of the Big 3 the rest of the team shot 2 of 24 from the field (8.3%).

Alex finished with a 20 point, 11 rebound double-double.

Good enough to beat Pine Bluff. Probably not good enough to beat K-State coming up next Friday and not good enough to be a lot of teams on our schedule.

The 5 bench players played 47 minutes but contributed little to nothing. Brittney Martin played the least with 6 minutes and while she did grab 3 rebounds in those minutes she also committed 4 fouls and had 1 turnover.
              Even with limited minutes, our bench doesn't show much

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                Even with limited minutes, our bench doesn't show much
                Does not bode well at all for next year with Alex, Jamillah and Kelsey moving on does it.

Comment

Does not bode well at all for next year with Alex, Jamillah and Kelsey moving on does it.
                  The exact comment I made to my wife on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    The exact comment I made to my wife on the way home.
                    And, Allie is considering moving on if she graduates in the Spring. I think it depends on how the season goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X