No announcement yet.

Lobo Softball Invitational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Stanclift delivers a two-out, 2 run single to put the Shocks up 2-0 over Texas Tech in the Top of the 4th.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Shocks pulling away from Texas Tech leading 7-0 in the middle of the 6th.

Comment

Lady Shocks finish off a very productive day with an 8-0 shutout of Texas Tech to go to 3 - 1 in the Lobo Invitational.

Brianna Smet went the 1st three innings, with Ashly Bright covering the final four in a combined 6-hit shutout.

Has to be one of the more productive days for Shocker softball out-scoring two BCS schools by a combined 26-0.

Comment

Softball team beat up on the BCS . HA HA
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

The revised schedules shows Missouri vs Washignton and
            New Mexico vs Texas Tech to make up the games rained out Friday evening.

Shocks are apparently done at 3-1.

New Mexico defeated Missouri 6-4 last night. So all teams have at least one loss.

To bad the Shocks did not have thier offense clicking in the 2-0 loss against Missouri as they did in putting up 34 runs in their 3 wins.

All in all a pretty good tournament for the Lady Shocks.

They big issue with the Shocks is that we may be a little thin in the pitching staff. A lot will depend on how Brianna Smet develops.

Senior Ashly Bright has been very solid in the circle and lowered her ERA to 1.22 over the weekend.

Comment

Looks like the ladys won the lobo tourney with a record of 3 and 1 same as Washington who they BEAT 18 to 0 in five. YEA
              First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

A very good showing for the Lady Shocks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  They big issue with the Shocks is that we may be a little thin in the pitching staff. A lot will depend on how Brianna Smet develops.

Senior Ashly Bright has been very solid in the circle and lowered her ERA to 1.22 over the weekend.
                  It just amazes me how many innings the top-flite ladies pitchers throw.

I enjoy watching softball, but the only knock I have on it is that the game is so highly dominated by pitching. A good team can be great with a single dominant pitcher and that dominant pitcher can spin shutouts every day with little or no rest.

If I were king for a day, I'd lengthen the basepaths and push back the mound to open up the game.

Nice wins for the Lady Shocks vs. a couple BCS programs and a near thing vs. one more. They should be fun to watch this season.

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                  X