Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USBC Intercollegiate Bowling National Championships

Next week in Reno.

The Lady Shocks are ranked No. 1 and it sounds like expectations are sky high.

One for the 2nd thumb would make Mr. Monk very happy.

:wsu_posters:

Women singles bowling championship currently on Cox 2260; not sure if live or taped? A Shocker just beat another Shocker in the semi finals and another Shocker is bowling against a corn-head in the other semi. Hoping for a Shocker/Shocker final.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The Nebraska lady rolls a 289 to win the championship. Yikes!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I believe those were the individual championships. The team championships start today. The Lady Shocks are ranked #1 on the women's side.

I heard on the Steve and Ted Show this morning that Mark Lewis received Women's Coach of the Year honors.

Shocker Tannya Roumimper was named the national women's MVP by the National Collegiate Bowling Coaches Assn.

I can see where Tannya could be a star in more ways than one on the Women's PBA Tour.

Tannya's teammate, Daria Kovalova, from the Ukraine, was also a 1st team All-American and she was selected by the International Bowling Media Association as their 2013-14 Women's Collegiate Bowler of the Year.

Shocker Holly Harris was also an Honorable Mention All-American selection.

That some impressive depth. Good luck Ladies.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 16, 2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I think Live Scoring will be an option available here when the matches start at 430pm. I assume that is local time in Nevada, so that would be 630pm here.

Comment

If the women are to be champions, they have a long row to hoe. After winning their first match, they lost the second. Their first match today is at 10am our time. The men faired no better, losing the first match and winning the second in the double-elimination format. In both cases, the winners of a Red Bracket and Blue Bracket (eight teams in each) will be determined today, so a long day of bowling lies ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
              If the women are to be champions, they have a long row to hoe. After winning their first match, they lost the second. Their first match today is at 10am our time. The men faired no better, losing the first match and winning the second in the double-elimination format. In both cases, the winners of a Red Bracket and Blue Bracket (eight teams in each) will be determined today, so a long day of bowling lies ahead.
              Here is the Eagle article on the bowling teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                The women are out, losing in Round Three this morning. The men were bowling in the Fourth Round, but Women's Round Four matches are the Live Scoring now, so I am not sure of the Mens' results.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; April 17, 2014, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Just goes to show you need to be playing your best at the right time to win a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                    ... not sure of the Mens' results.
                    The Men lost the if-necessary match on their side of the bracket.

Comment

Working...
                    X