No announcement yet.

MVC Women's Golf Championship - April 20-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Shockers squeaked it out. Alejandra parred out, whereas Indiana State girl has a bogey, par, birdie finish.
    78-65

Comment

Shocks hold on to win. Outstanding finish under pressure by Alejandra going par-par-par to match the bogey-par-birdie finish of Indiana State's McCall Christopher.

Considering this Shocker team consisted of a Junior, 2 Sophs and 2 Frosh and considering this championship breaks a 21-year drought for the Lady Shockers I think I can forgive the Shocks for the white knuckle ending.

Congratulations Ladies. Enjoy the ride home, enjoy your accomplishment and enjoy your trip to the NCAA Regionals.

:cowbell:
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 22, 2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Is that official???!!!!

Comment

Looks official on the website.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

God likes me!!! He really, really likes me!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Is that official???!!!!
              My guess is they don't post the scores for the final 3 holes until scorecards are checked and signed. Should be official.

Comment

I said yesterday that I would take four 75's and take my chances. Well that would have not been good enough. That would have meant a playoff with Indiana State. Fortunately, the Lady Shocks did 1 stroke better than that and 1 stroke is all it takes be crowned Valley Champs.

Only 9 strokes separating he Top 5 teams. That's pretty competitive for team golf.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  I said yesterday that I would take four 75's and take my chances. Well that would have not been good enough. That would have meant a playoff with Indiana State. Fortunately, the Lady Shocks did 1 stroke better than that and 1 stroke is all it takes be crowned Valley Champs.

Only 9 strokes separating he Top 5 teams. That's pretty competitive for team golf.
                  So nice having our women's programs doing so well! Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Track, Softball, Golf, Wow! I love our men's basketball program, but its success can keep our women way under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                    So nice having our women's programs doing so well! Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Track, Softball, Golf, Wow! I love our men's basketball program, but its success can keep our women way under the radar.
                    However, our men's basketball program is helping everyone... "a rising tide lifts all boats".
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The women's sports NEED men's basketball to do well, especially since there is no football. Not only does MBB success help the bottom line, but it gives noteriety. I can bet that some recruits' dads who don't know anything about volleyball (for example) automatically think that a BCS school must be better than Wichita State, even if the reality is completely different. Having wild men's basketball success gives Wichita State some name recognition that will trickle down to other sports.
                      78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        God likes me!!! He really, really likes me!!!!!!!

If anyone didn't know, or thought that He had any interest in whether or not my team won the Valley championship today, those lines were stolen from one of my favorite movies of all time, Let it Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          The women's sports NEED men's basketball to do well, especially since there is no football. Not only does MBB success help the bottom line, but it gives noteriety. I can bet that some recruits' dads who don't know anything about volleyball (for example) automatically think that a BCS school must be better than Wichita State, even if the reality is completely different. Having wild men's basketball success gives Wichita State some name recognition that will trickle down to other sports.
                          I certainly agree Men's Basketball has put WSU and the city of Wichita on the Map in a big way. In my travels around the country, the Shockers were a hot topic and not because of Women's Volleyball. Again, just very pleased for our women's programs. When I played high school and college basketball, there was not women's sports, at least not even close to today's standards. G.A.A. (like school rec. league) in high school, and I think there may have been some form of women's track in College. Just great to see our women Shox excell.

Comment

Congratulations to Jr. Alejandra Arellano, So. Bryce Schroeder and So. Meghan Schuetz for their selection to the 2014 MVC Women's Golf All-Conference team. The 10 member All-Conference team includes 2 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores and 2 freshmen. So a lot of the top players returning next year including this year's Player of the Year Danielle Lemek a sophomore from Bradley.

Also congratulations to Coach Tom McCurdy on his MVC Coach of the Year honors.

Finally, a special congratulations to Meghan Schuetz for receiving the Elite 18 Award for Women's Golf. The Elite 18 Award Program was established by the Missouri Valley Conference in the fall of 2010 to honor the highest achievement in academics and athletics by a student-athlete in each MVC-sponsored sport.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                              I certainly agree Men's Basketball has put WSU and the city of Wichita on the Map in a big way. In my travels around the country, the Shockers were a hot topic and not because of Women's Volleyball. Again, just very pleased for our women's programs. When I played high school and college basketball, there was not women's sports, at least not even close to today's standards. G.A.A. (like school rec. league) in high school, and I think there may have been some form of women's track in College. Just great to see our women Shox excell.
                              Totally agree. I have certainly enjoyed listening to Lambo speak at various points and have also had limited occasions around the other women's coaches. I have also been around several of the student-athletes over the years and in most cases was VERY impressed with them....and that has nothing to do with their abilities either. Top notch young ladies.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X