X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With success comes suitors for our coach

Not just Marshall.

Curt Rallo @rallo_NDinsider
    Ivey, Wichita State coach Jody Adams & S. Dakota St. coach Aaron Johnston named as candidates for Minnesota job by Minn. Star Tribune.

I thought I had heard she had interviewed for the Arkansas job also.

Comment

Star-Tribune article

In particular, no one has been contacted - these are names at the top of a list.

Comment

Originally posted by luvthoseshox View Post
        I thought I had heard she had interviewed for the Arkansas job also.
        Not sure I can see Jody going to Minnesota, but I could see Arkansas being very attractive to her getting closer to home and back to her roots in he SEC.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 2, 2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          No sure I can see Jody going to Minnesota, but I could see Arkansas being very attractive to her getting closer to home and back to her roots in he SEC.
          I could see that too, but I don't know if you knew but Jimmy Dykes is the new coach at Arky.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I could see that too, but I don't know if you knew but Jimmy Dykes is the new coach at Arky.
            No, I had not heard that. Thanks for the info.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 2, 2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Found this list of job openings and fillings for WBB:

Not sure how complete of a list that is, but it does not appear that there is an over-abundance of D-1 openings at this point.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 2, 2014, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Wichita State’s Jody Adams not interested in Minnesota job

Wichita State women’s basketball coach Jody Adams said she is not interested in the job at Minnesota, or any other open positions.

She will coach WSU next season and wants people to know. On Wednesday, The Star Tribune of Minneapolis reported that Adams is one of three serious candidates to coach at Minnesota. Adams worked as an assistant coach at Minnesota for three seasons.

“I want to stay and see it continue to grow,” she said. “You always want to be in the right fit. There’s something to be said about ‘Don’t mess with happy.’ ”
                Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/04/02/338...#storylink=cpy

Comment

I'm glad she's happy here.

I think Arkansas was more interested than Minnesota but there was a Big 12 school in the mix as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think Arkansas was more interested than Minnesota but there was a Big 12 school in the mix as well.
                    So K-State's AD was impressed with the butt-whoopin Jody's young ladies put on the 'Cats this season huh.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What we will never know is whether Jody told Arkansas and possibly K-State that she wasn't interested or whether her lack of interest in those jobs coincided with those schools making other hires. While I could see her telling Minnesota and K-State that she was not interested, I would think Arkansas would have been an opportunity Jody would have considered very seriously if an offer had been made.

In any case, Jody has done a terrific job with the Shocker women's program and I'm pleased she is still at the helm. I believe Jody is engaged to be married now and, while I do not know who her fiancé is, that could also have a significant bearing on how Jody views other coaching opportunities.

Comment

I love love love that Jody is not only staying but also that she picked up on HCGM's wording. That is incredibly telling.

I love having a strong women's program for the sake of my daughter. So I want Jody to stick around until her dream job opens up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          I love love love that Jody is not only staying but also that she picked up on HCGM's wording. That is incredibly telling.

I love having a strong women's program for the sake of my daughter. So I want Jody to stick around until her dream job opens up.
                          I did notice in today's Eagle that Coach DE is moving on. I hope she is happy in her new position. What is puzzling I believe the article said there are three new signees with two scholarships available. If we have 11 coming back and three signed, doesn't that make one scholarship as I believe women have 15 scholarships. I can't see Jody keeping 15 players unless she red-shirts at least three of them. It is tough for young people in today's world to understand sitting on the bench and earning your way over time into the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimewomen's hoopcoach View Post
                            I did notice in today's Eagle that Coach DE is moving on.
                            Was that in the print edition, because I can't find anything about that in the online digital edition.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Was that in the print edition, because I can't find anything about that in the online digital edition.
                              Yes, this morning's print edition. Front page of the Sports page has Jody is staying article and then sub-titles within the article about returning starters and DE coaching at Providence under her former teammate at Penn State.

Comment

Working...
                              X